permalink Wed, Oct 25, 2006 @ 3:34 PM
How about a text link under “Visitors”? : )
permalink Wed, Oct 25, 2006 @ 6:42 PM
I might do that for users who are not logged — after I’m sure it’s working 100% we’ll definitely have a big link on the home page.
permalink Fri, Oct 27, 2006 @ 8:35 AM
Yes this is really great, really good looking - unlike my Evolutionary Remix Radio.
I have recently found the podcast thing really useful for getting ccMixter material into my ears and I’ve discovered some real gems.
But in iTunes there are a few tricks you need to know (correct me if there are easier ways):
1. subscribe to podcast (copy URL from ccMixter page, paste into iTunes after chosing “Advanced->subscribe to podcast”) and start downloading all the tracks
2. create a smart playlist where “album contains ccMixter” (or you can be more specific of course)
3. select all items in new playlist (when they have downloaded) and do “get info” and then make sure all items are “skip when shuffling = NO”
4. play your playlist (shuffled if you like)
5. as new tracks get downloaded - you have to repeat step 3.
This only works in iTunes 7 (setting “skip when shuffling” on multiple items)
permalink Fri, Oct 27, 2006 @ 3:13 PM
I just tried to install 7 and it stopped halfway through so I can’t confirm.
One thing I know, you can just drag the orange ‘podcast’ button to it and it will start the process without having to copy the url.
more after I figure out why the install of iTunes broke.
permalink Sat, Oct 28, 2006 @ 9:33 AM
Why not simply drag’n’drop the podcast into the playlist area?