Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Thank you Victor and all at CC.

Thank you Victor and all at CC.

teru
permalink   Sun, Feb 13, 2005 @ 2:03 PM
Guess the time ran out. That last day was just crazy. Anyways since there is this new thread and all. I wanted to thank all at this site for a great contest and a great job running it. Had loads of fun and can’t wait for the next one. Best of luck to everyone.

BTW- I was walking around town today and I heard a passing car just blasting out one of the Militia mixes(think it was Omnibuzz). That put a big smile on my face.
creativelycommon
permalink   Sun, Feb 13, 2005 @ 2:42 PM
Quote: BTW- I was walking around town today and I heard a passing car just blasting out one of the Militia mixes(think it was Omnibuzz). That put a big smile on my face.

wow, rad. yea, the contests were totally cool. Hope there are more.. I must admit, though: I am completely sick of No Meaning No :D
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 13, 2005 @ 9:21 PM
Quote: BTW- I was walking around town today and I heard a passing car just blasting out one of the Militia mixes(think it was Omnibuzz). That put a big smile on my face.

That’s amazing (!)

Quote: I must admit, though: I am completely sick of No Meaning No :D

No means what? I forget… And if I never hear Fake French again…. well, let’s just say I’d be OK with that ;)

(and you’re welcome, it’s obviously been a blast for me as well — but it’s not as if I didn’t get anything out of it: 325 mp3 and 28 zips worth of sampling material? You had me at ‘submit samples’ ;)

check out the cool wurlitzers and guitars:
http://ccmixter.org/by/Ugly...
(under sampling+ no less)

Peace,
Victor
cinematrik
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 4:38 AM
Yeah seriously, this is really cool. I didn’t really know who ran the site til now but great job! Thanks for all the hard work…

Tim
Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 9:06 AM
Even though the contest is secondary to the main purpose of this site , when will the winners be announced?
victor
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 9:12 AM
(I know judging is going on right now. I forwarded the q to CC, I’ll let you know waht they say.)
Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 10:29 AM
Thanx for the info. So whats next? Are "we" continuing to promote this site or will it be disappearing on us?
victor
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 10:42 AM
hehe, I’ll keep posting remixes as long as you do ;) Now that the contests are over I can get back to mixing.

There are talks of another contest but I’m not sure about that.

I’m currently preparing the source to the site for open source release so people can install it on their own servers and host their own remix threads and contests. (This is weeks away — but then I’ve been saying that for a while.)

wrt Mixter, CC has a history (as it were) of sticking with stuff so if that’s any predictor the site should be around for a while, especially if there’s demand for it.

Victor
DustRed
permalink   Wed, Feb 16, 2005 @ 12:19 PM
Victor dude & cc crew, thanks!!! Great job on this site.
victor
permalink   Wed, Feb 16, 2005 @ 1:50 PM
Judging is definitely going on:

http://creativecommons.org/...

VS

Heuristics Inc.
permalink   Thu, Feb 17, 2005 @ 3:38 AM
do we know how many entries and how many different mixers there were for each contest? i didn’t see that anywhere, but i might have missed it.
-bill
victor
permalink   Thu, Feb 17, 2005 @ 4:35 AM
you get overall numbers here:

http://ccmixter.org/tags

(look for freestyle and militiamix tags)

Number of mixers would mean I have to actully use the mouse and type a little and I haven’t had coffee yet.

Victor