Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » How do upload limits work?

How do upload limits work?

coruscate
permalink   Sat, Dec 28, 2019 @ 1:38 PM
So after uploading a sample, mix, or song I will not be able to upload new material for another 24 hours.

Although on the upload page, only the original sample area carries that message. Clicking on ANYTHING sends me back to the page.

Now after 24 hours are up… I can uplpad remixes of other people’s songs, or songs pellas and remixes that fit within the event. “Perfect Harmony.”

But uploading original samples and pellas that are non event remain grayed out after a 48 hours… Unless I came back an hour too early.

I just want to know how all that works. I’ve got a raw sound pack and an original, three verse song ready to upload. Trying to fit it in while I am also working remixes here.
coruscate
permalink   Sun, Dec 29, 2019 @ 10:14 PM
Like now, I haven’t uploaded anything new yet but still can’t add non-PerfectHarmony pells.

permalink   Speck Mon, Dec 30, 2019 @ 10:29 AM
I’m not too sure myself but I think it’s:
Two remixes a week
1 sample a week
1 pella a week
It seems like during an event (this one at least) there is no limit on event uploads but they do count against non-event upload limits.

permalink   Apoxode Mon, Dec 30, 2019 @ 4:39 PM
I agree with Speck that event uploads seem to count against non-event upload limits, regardless of type.
It is unfortunate that you cannot upload non-event material, as you seem eligible (after viewing your most recent uploads).
Only the website administrators know the exact set limits.
What I’ve noticed is that the limit seems to be 3 of a kind per week, give or take 10 minutes (not kidding).
You have most likely encountered a bug — I’d recommend sending a message to the admins.

permalink   coruscate Tue, Dec 31, 2019 @ 9:43 AM
Thanks for all the replies. As of this morning I can submit an acapella or sample that is not event-related. So that means it took at least three days for that to reset…

permalink   Speck Thu, Jan 2, 2020 @ 8:35 AM
I knew this at one point. Snowflake did spell it out somewhere but I can’t remember it (or find it) now. I know I can’t upload more than two remixes a week. But I can still upload a sample or a pella in that same time period. Looking forward to the definitive answer from admin.

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Jan 3, 2020 @ 10:16 AM
hey all -

the upload throttles are adjusted during special events and secret mixters, and we’ve been working to optimize them for a while to try to reach our aim — to keep the “New Uploads” feed diversified amongst various artists in our community and, to prevent spam.

We’re each allowed 2 uploads of any type per day, but only a max of 2 remixes, 2 pells and 2 samples per week.

Another aim of our community is to continue to develop our art, to share our best stuff, and to spend a little more time refining our mixes.

Of course input is welcome. The admins discuss these things at length, and we make all of these decisions together, for the overall health of the community.

Happy New Year!

permalink   coruscate Fri, Jan 3, 2020 @ 10:35 AM
Thank you Snowflake! How does it affect those uploads if you say upload a remix that is also a pell with samples? Like I did this week.

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Jan 3, 2020 @ 10:39 AM
if you attach the pell and samples as files to the same “track” it only counts as one upload. if you upload them as separate “tracks” you will reach your throttle. let me know if that makes sense!

permalink   coruscate Mon, Jan 13, 2020 @ 9:35 PM
So from my observations it seems that the upload limits treat any upload of samples towards the sample limit even if the upload is a remix or a pell.

Remixes and Pells don’t seem to have this bug.

I’ve been paying attention because I have several “sound packs” back logged and I’m trying to move them from “done” to “shared.”

And this isn’t a complaint of any kind, whatever CCmixter needs to do is whatever it needs to do.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Jan 1, 2020 @ 12:49 PM
I know that the upload limits are set and changed according to events and other variables, but I’m not sure where it is set right now. I’ve sent a request to the team to answer your question with more detail. Hang tight. We’re off to a great year ahead!

permalink   coruscate Wed, Jan 1, 2020 @ 11:22 PM
Thanks dude glad to hear!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Jan 7, 2020 @ 6:43 PM
Did you see that Snowflake posted a reply above with details on the the upload limits?
coruscate
permalink   Wed, Jan 29, 2020 @ 12:53 PM
I’ll reply here rather than make a new topic. So I’ve discovered that if you upload a main mix with an acapella, even if it’s a remix, it doesn’t show in the remix listings.

Now again this is not a complaint, I get it’s part of enforcing limits to prevent creative spamming. Which hey I’m THAT guy (lol).

So it does mean I need to check out my last few weeks of uploads and make sure all my main remixes are uploaded properly.

How do I verify what kind of submission (acapella, sample, remix) I have made after the fact?

permalink   Apoxode Wed, Jan 29, 2020 @ 2:43 PM
Can you give an example of what you’re talking about?
All I can suggest at this point is to upload the main mix first, and specify file type when uploading additional files (acappella or sample) rather than afterward.

permalink   coruscate Wed, Jan 29, 2020 @ 2:50 PM
I uploaded the acapella first and uploaded it as an acapella. Then I rotated the main mix as the main file for that upload. The main mix showed on the upload, but the remix didn’t show on the listing.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   coruscate Wed, Jan 29, 2020 @ 11:30 PM

permalink   Apoxode Fri, Jan 31, 2020 @ 2:35 AM
Something doesn’t look right. So in addition to the 2 acappellas and 6 stems, you uploaded a ninth file?

permalink   coruscate Thu, Feb 6, 2020 @ 10:17 PM
I am so sorry about that, the night before that I decided to pull the plug on the “battle record” upload and reimagine it, then when I came back I found out one of my songs had been unpublished because there were concerns about having audio quotes from Adolf H on the site. (I’m not mad I get it).

Anyway had an anxiety attack and just “fixed” the problem with a fresh upload.

This song also has the same problem, it’s a remix but doesn’t show as such… but I think I uploaded it as a pella and that’s why.

http://beta.ccmixter.org/fi...