Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » YouTube and Copyright Complaints

YouTube and Copyright Complaints

Urbexy
permalink   Wed, Oct 30, 2019 @ 2:57 PM
I am not a musician, but I do use content from CCMixter within my video content On YouTube. I fully credit the artist and I feel this is the least I can do. I am however receiving a lot more copyright claims than previously, and they all appear to come from the same company. I always appeal and win, but I think a lot of people would simply give up. In these cases, the company will be generating revenue from the artist without having any claim on the work. Just a “heads up” to the community to check if you’re work is being added to the content ID system.

Thank you to all the artists out there.
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Thu, Oct 31, 2019 @ 2:48 PM
Urbexy,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

If you have a moment, please send a message to our administration team (link at bottom of page) with details about this issue, such as the name of the company filing the claims and the content in question.

On behalf of the ccMixter community, we are grateful for your patronage and support!

permalink   Urbexy Sat, Nov 2, 2019 @ 2:07 AM
Quote: ApoxodeUrbexy,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

If you have a moment, please send a message to our administration team (link at bottom of page) with details about this issue, such as the name of the company filing the claims and the content in question.

On behalf of the ccMixter community, we are grateful for your patronage and support!

I have sent a message :-)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Dec 5, 2019 @ 2:28 PM
Thanks Urbexy-

I’m glad to hear that you’re featuring ccMixter music in your video content on YouTube. It would be great to see your channel. Would you post your channel link here for us?

Also, are you familiar with trackbacks? We have a feature here at ccMixter that allows archiving a remix’s use featured on other sites. It helps us promote artists here as well as monitor for correct attribution etc.

Wow! If you would use your ccMixter page as a way to promote these features and your YouTube page it would go a long way to help the community here. Tracking content is easier when we all participate.

I’m working on a blog post about this issue right now, maybe we could connect and discuss?

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Dec 5, 2019 @ 2:32 PM
for more on trackbacks…

http://ccmixter.org/trackback-drive