Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » player not working

player not working

Speck
permalink   Sun, Jul 30, 2017 @ 4:55 AM
It’s been a few days now (since the Ends Sunday July 30th banner went up, coincidence?) the player hasn’t worked. Anybody else having this problem?
Zep Hurme
permalink   Mon, Jul 31, 2017 @ 9:53 PM
Same here (Chrome). Beta site’s player works though, but personally I don’t like the beta site.

permalink   Speck Thu, Aug 3, 2017 @ 6:25 AM
Chrome also. Thanks for responding. I see that you are an Admin. Do you know if the powers that be are aware of the issue? Is there any hope at all for a fix?

permalink   Zep Hurme Thu, Aug 3, 2017 @ 6:45 AM
I’ve sent a query to the head honchos with a link to this thread. We’ll see what happens. Don’t know if there are plans to drop in a HTML5 player.

permalink   Speck Thu, Aug 3, 2017 @ 7:07 AM
Yeah, my first thought was that Chrome must have stopped supporting Flash. Which, from my reading, I guess they pretty much have. But they still have it as an option and I have ‘allow’ selected on this and one other site. I have no memory of actively choosing ‘allow’ but it is set to ‘allow’.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Aug 3, 2017 @ 1:11 PM
currently we are in need to tech help at ccM. we are trying to work out a solution, but will need to replace the player and our volunteers can’t get to it for a couple of weeks. in the interim, i’m using the beta site for listening, and the player works there. apologies.
Loveshadow
permalink   Thu, Aug 3, 2017 @ 6:48 AM
Not worked for me in a while on different devices . Thought it was not having flash which has broke the player before. My workaround is go to the download button choose the file and play from there. It seems to open and stream rather than download.

permalink   Speck Thu, Aug 3, 2017 @ 7:44 AM
Hey, that’s a good workaround. Thanks. It does play and not download. I was trying the stream button as a workaround but the streaming from there was glitchy/gappy.
Still - we shouldn’t have to find a workaround (obviously). How many potential listeners, or even regular listeners like myself, are coming here, clicking play, hearing nothing and going away? I hope somebody can get installation of a working player moved to the top of the to do list.
texasradiofish
permalink   Sat, Aug 5, 2017 @ 9:58 PM
Using Windows 7 Pro at the TRF project studio

Firefox playback is working on ccmixter.org

Chrome playback is not working unless you playback from the download page

Internet Explorer playback is working on ccmixter.org

Beta.ccmixter.org playback works with Chrome but I prefer not to use it. How does one search for text and tags on beta.ccmixter.org?

permalink   robwalkerpoet Tue, Aug 8, 2017 @ 6:17 AM
Works on my iPhone (Safari) but not MacBookPro (Chrome.)
beta’s ok on Chrome.
texasradiofish
permalink   Tue, Aug 8, 2017 @ 6:54 PM
I’m getting too old for Internet fun.

As Speck reported above, I forgot that Chrome is blocking Flash (look in the far right side of the browser address field) and you have to provide permission. Reportedly, “In the long slow death of flash - Chrome now blocks all flash content by default. You’ll need to give it permission to run.” One public comment reports Chrome considers Flash a security risk. Firefox does like Flash much as well. Reportedly, Adobe will sunset Flash at the end of 2020.

If you click on the “plugins were blocked on this page” icon at the right side of the Chrome address line, you can enable Adobe Flash Player.

More options and discussion here http://support.google.com/c...

permalink   Speck Wed, Aug 9, 2017 @ 4:11 AM
Yay, success. Thank you. I didn’t have the “plugins were blocked on this page” icon showing and in settings flash was enabled (but not working). I went through all the steps on the page you linked to, finally re-installing flash. Now I have the icon and when I allow from there it works.

permalink   Speck Wed, Aug 9, 2017 @ 5:44 AM
Unfortunately it’s not a site-wide permission and I have to click to allow plug-in on every song page. So - better - but I think we still need a new player (html?).

permalink   texasradiofish Wed, Aug 9, 2017 @ 8:51 PM
Full site enablement is advertised and there is a place to add the site address on one of the plugin control pages. Let us know of you get it working.

Reportedly, if the server supports HTML5, recent versions of Chrome should be go for playback.

Everything I read on the internet must be true!!!

permalink   Speck Thu, Aug 10, 2017 @ 4:22 AM
I have ccmixter.org on the allow list on the ‘manage plug-in blocking’ page. Still a no go site-wide-wise, but at least I can allow on a page by page basis now.

permalink   Zep Hurme Thu, Aug 10, 2017 @ 4:52 AM
Yeah. Allow-list is not working.
martinsea
permalink   Tue, Aug 15, 2017 @ 5:36 AM
I received an email from an old friend today, telling me he couldn’t get squeak out of the site— I know there is a lot to be done, but I add my vote to the pleading to prioritise work on a music player so that people can hear the music without having to do more than click .

permalink   texasradiofish Fri, Aug 18, 2017 @ 7:17 PM
Suggest ponting your friend to beta.ccmixter.org

Seems more playback friendly.

permalink   Speck Sat, Aug 19, 2017 @ 6:59 AM
I’ve just started to explore the beta site. Took me a while to figure out ‘remix tree’ is where the songs are (why not just ‘remixes’ or ‘mixes’ or even just ‘songs’?). I guess all the song information is still there and I’ll probably get used to the new way to access it but I’m not seeing a way to leave a review. I see how to read reviews but not write them. What am I missing?

permalink   texasradiofish Sat, Aug 19, 2017 @ 9:07 PM
When logged in, right side of the review bar is a pencil icon for reviews.

What I did not find is a way to delete, edit, reply, reply yourself or quote a review. Maybe this is a work in progress and not beta (pre-release software).

I dislike the beta site organization, look and feel, and especially dislike search capability or lack thereof. After some back and forth with da guru, we agreed that I am not the target user.

Considering the reported software maintenance and upgrade budget, beta mixter is wonderful.

For examples of simple but useful producer friendly search capability, check out https://www.looperman.com/acapellas
and https://www.looperman.com/loops. This approach could be modified to include cc license types.

permalink   Speck Sun, Aug 20, 2017 @ 4:26 AM
You’re not the target user? You’re an active participant and damn fine mixer/musician(s). Who is the target user?

permalink   texasradiofish Sun, Aug 20, 2017 @ 7:58 PM
Quote: SpeckWho is the target user?
The End User

Quote: SpeckYou’re not the target user?

I gathered from the discussion the target is an ever increasing Googlicious Youtubelicious audience of end users.

Since we don’t pay a service fee to use ccmixter, I stopped complaining about the beta site user interface.
reiswerk
permalink   Tue, Aug 29, 2017 @ 9:03 AM
At me the Player doesn’t work in Microsofts Edge.

In Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome well.

But not in my Smartphone with Opera and Firefox.

Edit: I Mean the remixes Player!
reiswerk
permalink   Wed, Sep 6, 2017 @ 4:27 AM
Thank you very much to the Team!

The player now works in my Smartphone too.

Superb!

permalink   Admiral Bob Wed, Sep 6, 2017 @ 3:35 PM
Yeah, that’s the big side bonus. Main site should now work OK in Android and iPhone.

permalink   reiswerk Sat, Sep 9, 2017 @ 11:07 AM
Now the player suddenly disappears with the uploads!

In Firefox, in Opera

in Edge: >This file type is not supported.
Speck
permalink   Wed, Sep 6, 2017 @ 4:52 AM
Yay! From player not working to player now working. Excellent. Big thanks.
Abstract Audio
permalink   Mon, Sep 11, 2017 @ 12:08 AM
Really happy with this new player!! Superb B-)
Stefan Krüger
permalink   Mon, Sep 11, 2017 @ 6:48 AM
so it seems that now a html5 player is automatically switched to if flash is deactivated / unavailable?
on a single song page it works for me.
on for example http://ccmixter.org/view/me...
(a multi song page) it does not. so there my old work-around for firefox comes into play: http://ccmixter.org/thread/...
(just fixed a glitch at fadeout ;-))

permalink   Admiral Bob Thu, Sep 14, 2017 @ 1:50 PM
This is going to get fixed. Basically we’re looking for certain types of links in the rendered web page (m3u links) and replacing them with the html5 player.

Looks like the playlists don’t work the same way, so I’ll have to devise something specific.

As always, the only delay is how very little spare time I have!
rashmichaudhary
permalink   Fri, Aug 31, 2018 @ 1:52 AM
Really good answers, i find here, i’m also looking for the same.