skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Key of Love Remix Event

Key of Love Remix Event

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Jan 19, 2017 @ 11:52 PM
Key of Love - Valentines Day Remix Event

If music be the food of love, play on. - Shakespeare

Lets ignite the fiery passion of love with ccMixters latest remix event: Key of Love.

What musical key feeds your desire to write a love song? Which key feels like true, pure love? Cheerful, frolicing, playful love? Passionate, steamy, sultry love? Unrequited love? Or even gloomy, melancholic, discontented love? We challenge Mixters to declare the key they choose to use in the description of their upload. If you are inspired to explain why you chose the specific key, you get super bonus points (which can be immediately redeemed for community respect and admiration for your musical prowess)!

You are invited to share your original, love-themed pells, samples, and remixes to the Key of Love Valentines Day Remix Event. Your remixes will be considered for an album release at the end of the month if they are part of our ccPlus program! Not sure what ccPlus means? Check it out here and join! http://tunetrack.net/ccmixt...

Help us spread the love! Please share your uploads on Twitter and Facebook. Tag ccMixter and will happily repost (and follow you, of course)!
https://twitter.com/ccMixterMusic/ @ccMixterMusic
https://www.facebook.com/ccMixter/

Would you like to give a little love to ccMixter? Your donation keeps the music burning.
http://dig.ccmixter.org/kee...

Here are the Key of Love uploads:
Pells, Stems & Remixes

Kara Square
permalink   Fri, Jan 20, 2017 @ 4:10 AM
The world definitely needs more love (esp. today!). Let’s do this! :D

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Jan 20, 2017 @ 11:27 AM
Amen to that Kara!!!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sat, Jan 21, 2017 @ 9:28 AM
My apologies for the technical glitches, and human errors that are occurring as we launch this epic event. Most of them are taken care of at this point.

permalink   Speck Sun, Jan 22, 2017 @ 5:33 AM
When I click on the Stems link in your top post there appears to only be three samples (I know there are more). And the brown box to the left says ‘these are the pells…’.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jan 22, 2017 @ 7:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been experiencing glitches in the dynamic playlists. The tech team is aware of the problem and it should be fixed soon.

I have stems that I’ve uploaded and they are not listed. Several others are experiencing the same problem.

If you search key_of_love and stems from the main ccmixter site (not the beta) a list of stems for the project is generated. I believe they are all there.

I’ll post an update in this forum when we get it fixed.

permalink   Mr_Yesterday Sun, Jan 22, 2017 @ 8:42 AM
Congrats on getting through a rough patch yesterday. This pell of mine went missing from the list during the day and although I’m tempted to just re-tag it with Key_of_Love I’m afraid I’d break something. Can it be easily resurrected without reloading?

permalink   Snowflake Sun, Jan 22, 2017 @ 9:41 AM
It should be there now :)

permalink   Mr_Yesterday Sun, Jan 22, 2017 @ 1:16 PM
vo1k1
permalink   Sun, Jan 22, 2017 @ 6:26 PM
If I come across existing pells and stems that seem to have an affinity for this event, can I use, add, tag them in some way, or simply use them in a remix for the event?

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Jan 23, 2017 @ 9:52 AM
Yes! add key_of_love to the tags on your files. Adding Valentines and love to your tags also helps folks using Dig.ccmixter.org to find your love music!

Anything you submit using the Key Of Love submission forms, will automatically be tagged, so you don’t need to manually add them.

Have fun!

permalink   spinmeister Mon, Feb 6, 2017 @ 10:11 AM
I don’t think one can add one of the “official” tags to one’s own uploads? (e.g. the one’s used in remix events and some others)

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Feb 7, 2017 @ 8:44 AM
you’re right spin…that sucks.

ok…change of plans…post the tracks you want to include in the key of love event here, or send me an e-mail, and I’ll add the tags for you.

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Feb 5, 2017 @ 8:56 AM

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Feb 9, 2017 @ 9:27 AM
HAHAHA! This is awesome, Spin!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Feb 13, 2017 @ 9:06 PM
We’re here, it’s VDay and Cupid is shooting his arrows. Thanks to you all we’ve received 44 remixes so far!

If you’ve got a Key of Love mix in your quiver, please upload it in the next 24 hours. We’ll be wrapping this up in a heart shaped box before the sun rises in the morning.

What’s next? We’re getting ready for the next event…..what could that be? Hmmmmm…..