Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Why is ccMixter Important to You? Record a Soundbite for ccM’s upcoming Fundraiser Video

Why is ccMixter Important to You? Record a Soundbite for ccM’s upcoming Fundraiser Video

Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Sep 29, 2015 @ 4:22 PM
Dear ccMixter Community,

We’re gearing up for our annual fundraising campaigning and need to create a video. Last year, we asked everyone to record a short soundbite for the “Music Connects Us” video. It turned out SO AWESOME! This year, we want to get even more personal. We need your help in letting the world know why ccMixter is important.

For this audio soundbite, please introduce yourself, include where you’re from, and then say a line or two about why ccMixter is important to you (with no background music or FX, please). When you upload, include high resolution picture(s) of yourself making music [playing an instrument, working the mixer, with headphones on, whatever you’re comfortable sharing (you don’t have to include your face if you’d like to be more anonymous)]. The picture(s) will be displayed in the video with the audio you share. Put the picture in a zip and include it with your audio upload.

*Please upload your soundbite with the ’Submit a Promo’ form and use the suggested tag: windfall
*Upload as a 192kbps mp3 and a Flac. Upload your pictures as 1920 x 1080, 300 dpi jpg in a zip file.
*Please keep your soundbite around 15 seconds long (no background music or FX, please).
*Please use the CC BY license.
*DEADLINE: October 12, 2015

Here’s a dynamic playlist with everyone’s soundbites so far-
http://ccmixter.org/playlis...

Thank you so much!
Stefan Kartenberg
permalink   Wed, Sep 30, 2015 @ 2:37 AM
exciting news, Kara - audio file is ready, i just have to wait for my doughter - she’s taking the picture - thank you for supporting ccM in the best way

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Sep 30, 2015 @ 4:10 AM
Awesome! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your pic! Thank you, too!!

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Oct 5, 2015 @ 4:20 AM
Awesome soundbite!! Thank you, Stefan!