Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Radio in Linux

Radio in Linux

redhair
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 1:39 PM
My Xmms stopped playing ccMixter radio since today, playing for example removed old url from message
results in the opening of the "Play file" window.

Since no other player in linux that I like to use -like Amarok, my favorite- could handle the link anyway, I’m rather pissed the only player that did work failed to work as well.

‘help!’
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 2:31 PM
wups, sorry redhair, I don’t have a linux client on my and won’t until later this afternoon. If I understand it you’re saying that:

This url worked:

removed old url from message

But this one doesn’t:

??
redhair
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 2:34 PM
Quote: removed old url from message

Works! :-)
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 3:05 PM
hmmm, well that only solves half of it, could you do me a favor and try this one:

VS
redhair
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 3:08 PM
Quote: removed old url from message

Works also.
redhair
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 3:26 PM
Thanks man.
So the "&" does it?
Does windows deliver any problems with that?
Hope not..

edit: perhaps you should hardcode the promo into the ‘page’, it be easy escaping from it if users can make their own url. Unless you want the option escaping it of course.. i’ll shut it then.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 4:07 PM
that’s a good suggestion but I hesitate to change the way ‘page’ works, looks like I’ll have to come up with another base url (probably ‘radio’)
redhair
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 4:18 PM
If its php, just add [code]$promo = "4";[/code] on top of ‘page’. But maybe it isnt php..
Either way, I’m trying to help :)
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 4:28 PM
no doubt I’ll be hardwiring that in ;) meanwhile I need the other parameter (radio=on) to differentiate between page streams and radio streams.

(…must eat…)
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 30, 2006 @ 6:27 PM
ok, all the radio urls should be working everywhere now, thanks for helping shake out the bugs

http://ccmixter.org/radio

VS