Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Blog?

Blog?

teru
permalink   Fri, Jan 6, 2006 @ 1:10 PM
I think it would be a great side-show if there was a ccMixter blog. I’ve thought about this for a while but I definately don’t want to do it alone. In fact, I’d prefer not to be involved at all. I just want to see it.

Think about it. Get in touch. More the merrier.

I’ll leave this post up a week. And then I’m going to start emailing people directly.

You know who you are. ; )

Admin - I can’t get the poll to work. Help. Thx.
victor
permalink   Fri, Jan 6, 2006 @ 3:54 PM
you mean like a community blog? where members post?

(poll didn’t work because you weren’t supposed to see it as an option in the first place ;))

VS
teru
permalink   Sat, Jan 7, 2006 @ 5:45 AM
“you mean like a community blog? where members post?”

Yeah! Exactly.

Too bad about the poll. Umm.. not really. ; )
gurdonark
permalink   Thu, Jan 12, 2006 @ 5:26 PM
If there were a fun weblog to which one could post without undue hassle then it would be fun to do so.
teru
permalink   Thu, Jan 12, 2006 @ 8:50 PM
“If there were a fun weblog to which one could post without undue hassle then it would be fun to do so.”

I hear you.

I think the best strategy is numbers. 10+ people posting would make it both more interesting and less demanding, keeping it fun and less of a routine.

I’m going to start emailing people this weekend I hope. Starting with the highest posters. That’s high as in number of posts, not literally high.(Not that there’s anything wrong with that). ; )
victor
permalink   Fri, Jan 13, 2006 @ 11:17 AM
so setting the thing up is minutes…

maintaining is thing. If there is someone who is willing to do the hour (+?) a day to keep the thing running smoothly then it’s possible, otherwise, CC staff is pretty stretched just keeping the rest of the site and contests running.

the other possiblity is doing an aggregator, where we take ‘approved’ feeds from your existing personal blogs (like teru, lisa, grant, etc.) and present a page of the latest entries from those blogs.

we can then think about hooking that up to these forums so that folks can ‘comment’ on indvidual entries.

just a thought…

VS