Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Secret Mixter - February's Fortune

Secret Mixter - February's Fortune

Admiral Bob
permalink   Sun, Jan 20, 2013 @ 3:17 PM
There’s a new secret mixter coming, and sign ups have begun. Looking forward to the magic.
Kara Square
permalink   Wed, Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:00 AM
Hocus pocus! So am I! The inspiration generated from secret mixters is always invigorating!

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:59 AM
I’m psyched! Magic is stirring….
vo1k1
permalink   Sat, Feb 2, 2013 @ 10:22 AM
Did assignments go out? Eager to start and just want to make sure I did not miss mine!

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Feb 2, 2013 @ 4:42 PM
Later tonight :)

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Feb 2, 2013 @ 8:07 PM
Just got mine. This one is going to kick my butt!
Doxent Zsigmond
permalink   Fri, Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:22 AM
Will there be some different upload method? And what if someone cannot be at home at 16th to make an upload?

permalink   Admiral Bob Fri, Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:45 AM
Yes, there will be a link on the “Submit Files” page called “February’s Fortune Secret Mixter Remixes” on the day of the event.

As the FAQ notes, not submitting your mix on time really isn’t OK. By signing up, a mixter more or less commits that they’re going to get it done.

Now, I have been on the road when an upload date comes - in fact, that will be the case for me this time. There are a couple of ways to deal with it.

One is to bring it with you on an internet connectable mobile device - laptop or phone. Then either use WiFi at a Starbucks, Airport, or the 4g/3g on your device to make the upload.

Additionally, you could upload early, un-publish the mix, and let the admin team know. We’d really rather not do it this way, as you’ll give your secret away to your secret mister subject before the day… but it is better than leaving them out of the party!
Kara Square
permalink   Fri, Feb 8, 2013 @ 1:10 PM
How are everyone’s mixes coming along? I’ve got some final touches to make, but mine’s almost complete! First time I’ve ever been this fast!

permalink   Admiral Bob Fri, Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:38 PM
I am certainly being challenged. I will explain more the Sunday we post :)

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Feb 10, 2013 @ 8:43 AM
I’m sure whatever you do will be AWESOME. But I am very curious to find out who you’re remixing…

permalink   Doxent Zsigmond Sat, Feb 9, 2013 @ 8:45 AM
I’m done with my mix already. Wanted to finish early in case anything happens. Now only wait to upload. Already backed it up on few cloud storages just in case.

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Feb 10, 2013 @ 8:44 AM
Ooo… you’re smart to back up in cloud storages…. Hmmm…

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Feb 10, 2013 @ 11:35 AM
Smart idea…. I put mine up in dropbox. Thanks for the tip. :)

permalink   Doxent Zsigmond Sun, Feb 10, 2013 @ 12:07 PM
That’s what I did and Google Drive as well.

permalink   reusenoise Sat, Feb 9, 2013 @ 9:14 PM
Just finished now…

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Feb 10, 2013 @ 8:44 AM
*High FIVE!*
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Feb 12, 2013 @ 3:40 PM
I just tracked my secret mix! The first one in a year! It feels good to be back here sharing secrets with y’all. I’ve got a lot of energy built up from being away, rocking the revolution. I hope it translates.

Viva la secret mixter.
J

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 8:01 AM
can’t wait to hear it! i’m finishing mine up today. i’ll create the forms and everything else on the backend tonight and then send out the upload now notice :)

permalink   Doxent Zsigmond Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 9:08 AM
Waiting to upload mine too. Didn’t get the message yet though.

permalink   DFF_Sound_System Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 10:55 AM
Waiting for the upload email too, trying to resist the urge to keep tweaking my mix some more!

Strangely, I got another “confirm the status of your remix” email, anyone else get that?

permalink   Doxent Zsigmond Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 10:58 AM
That’s what I got when I woke up. Looks like I’ll upload it on Sunday tomorrow morning because midnight PST is about 7am here.

permalink   Calling Sister Midnight Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:22 PM
Same here. My track has been done for a week — plus I made a video — and they are burning holes in my pockets! Wah. I want my social kibble!

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 8:40 PM
It is time to upload!!!
reusenoise
permalink   Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 9:23 PM
Just listen the first row of songs,the quality is impressive,one of the best secret mixter,I’ll waihing more uploads

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Feb 17, 2013 @ 8:01 AM
I am away with only mobile access so I won’t be able to listen until tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:56 PM
Check out the tweets at @ccmixtermusic using the hashtag #ccmixter #cc #opensource. Share the mix! Great tracks produced y’all!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:19 PM
Finally uploaded! Now I can listen. Can’t wait!