Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Any suggestions on types of music.

Any suggestions on types of music.

IDzeroNo
permalink   Sun, Nov 18, 2012 @ 10:46 AM
Hello, I’m I.Z. a musician, I wanted advice on what type of music seats best here. Because, I can do hip-hop and other sounds. And, I would hate to be known as a rapper person, when I could do much more.
Super_Sigil
permalink   Sun, Nov 18, 2012 @ 3:13 PM
Anything goes. Make what you want to make. I see no reason why you can’t do much more with hip hop. This is the perfect hate-free place to do it. I haven’t really noticed any consistent pattern of what seats and doesn’t seat here.
mando_curious
permalink   Sun, Nov 18, 2012 @ 3:52 PM
I agree with Sig. This site more than many others is full of people who are retired pro musicians or have been remixing as an obsession/hobby for years. So the uploads tend to be well planned, rehearsed, and polished sounding.

When I first got here, I had a few good songs but it was obvious I was way behind in my recording skills. My gear is still less expensive than most uploaders here but through practice I’ve learned how to make listenable tracks with it.

Being a rapper is cool (Timbaland & Dre do okay) but what you want is to be heard, as do we all. So I’d suggest doing what I did:
* Concentrate on listening & learning how people get the sound they do.
* Research on the net about good mic technique, reducing hiss & background noise, setting up a vocal booth.
* And when you think about uploading ask yourself, “Is this my best, is it a little different, or interesting, is it on a par with what people of similar experience are doing? Or am I doing it for an ego blast?”
* Lastly, practice on your recording gear as much as you can until you can get a good sound every time and you’re communicating your music the way you want to have it heard. Go to rap clubs & sit in. When that crowd accepts you, everybody else will, too. m/c
IDzeroNo
permalink   Sun, Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:20 PM
Thank You :) , I’ve first want to say that I greatly appreciate your comments and replies makes me feel a whole lot better and more at home. Making music as been my hubby more or less a career so , when I found cc mixter a few years back (before I made a acc.) I did not know what it was like to be more involved in a music community.