Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Ghost Kollective 61 Moons Remix Event!

Ghost Kollective 61 Moons Remix Event!

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:08 PM
CALL FOR REMIXES!

ccMixter is pleased to announce the 61 Moons remix event featuring stems from the latest Ghost Kollective ep Part Way There. 61 Moons harkens back to the days when a conceptual album explored a theme from beginning to end. In this case, this album will take you on a sci-fi ride through the galaxies. Ghost Kollective invites the ccMixter community to join them on this journey!

Rooted in sharing culture, Ghost Kollective is long-time ccMixter commmunity members CDK, Tacet and _ghost who have banded together over continents and timezones to create Ghost K (as they are sometimes known).

Ghost Kollective is excited to invite the ccMixter community to be part of 61 Moons by calling for remixes of stems from the first four tracks of the album. All of the remixes submitted in conjunction with this event will be featured in a playlist posted on the Ghost Kollective website. Ghost Kollective and Tunetrack will each curate tracks from this event for release. All in all, there will be multiple platforms for sharing these remixes!

You have until April 2 to submit your remix. Be sure to use the 61 Moons upload form.

To learn more about this event check out the event page where you will find links to sample packs and web pages for more information about Ghost K.

Remixes for 61 Moons
tacet
permalink   Wed, Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:41 AM
We’re stoked to be able to do something like this, very cool.
Vidian
permalink   Wed, Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:36 AM
Hey, that’s awesome, I definitely hear the _Ghost influence in the music :D one think though
None of the vocals rhyme >:O

permalink   tacet Wed, Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:17 AM
Some of the vocals do rhyme, but not all. We have a story to convey, so there are larger and more subtle patterns :
http://www.ghostkollective....

I had fun playing with 16 three letter acronyms in one song, that’s got to be a first? lol :D

Feel free to write something new :D
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:22 AM
I’ve listened to the EP five times in the last three days. Really great stuff. So many ideas…..
Super_Sigil
permalink   Thu, Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:56 AM
I did a remix, but didn’t think to check for the special upload process. Can you put it in there for me? It’s called Ghost Control.
Ghost_k (Ghost Kollective)
permalink   Thu, Mar 22, 2012 @ 2:30 PM
Hey Everyone, super Excited to hear what you come up with.

we’ve already recieved our fist Mix.

permalink   SackJo22 Thu, Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:49 PM
The EP is really fantastic!
Kara Square
permalink   Mon, Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:46 AM
Just listened to the EP all the way through… WONDERFUL sound, feel, flow… Well done, Ghost Kollective!

permalink   tacet Fri, Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:05 AM
Thanks MMT :D So where’s you remix? hehe

permalink   Mind Map That Music Map Podcast Fri, Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:39 PM
Hey tacet! I can’t promise a remix- I really wish I could (there’s been a death in the family), but I recorded a podcast yesterday that features and promotes the 61 Moons project… It’s uploading now!

permalink   tacet Sat, Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:52 AM
No problem (sorry to hear of your loss), thanks for taking the time to help promote the project, we’ll take that as a highly regarded remix of sorts :D
debbizo
permalink   Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 5:26 AM
I uploaded a remix for 61 Moons but it isn’t appearing in the playlist, or the remixes page. It has the 61 Moons tag. Can anyone help please?

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:34 AM
We’ll try to fix that.

permalink   debbizo Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 12:58 PM
Quote: SackJo22We’ll try to fix that.

Thank you
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:36 AM
Am I the only one would could use another week on this event? I’ve been sick as a dog and not able to do any music… .but I would hate to not be able to submit a 61 Moons mix.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:29 AM
Yes, I need another week! I’m working on my mix, but with all of these great stems, I need more time to explore and discover. Should we extend to April 7?

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:53 AM
Yes please. Hopefully my voice will be back before then.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:57 AM
done! get well! we miss your pipes :)

permalink   debbizo Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 12:59 PM
I’d really like more time to do another remix too

permalink   debbizo Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 12:59 PM
I hope you’re better soon SJ

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Mar 28, 2012 @ 4:29 PM
Thanks Deb.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:26 AM
The remixes that are being created from these stems are out of this world! Wow!!!!
Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Jan 6, 2015 @ 9:02 AM
Ghost Kollective’s curation from the 61 Moons Remix Event was released today! The sci-fi themed album is called Part Way There Remixed and features remixes, pells and samples from many ccMixter.org artists. The album is available to listen and download for free on TuneTrack.

Listen and Download Part Way There Remixed

Read the press release featuring quotes from CDK, Tacet & _Ghost.

Read the spotlight post on TuneTrack.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Jan 7, 2015 @ 10:30 AM
I love this album! What an awesome combination of ccM artists.