Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » filenames of samples

filenames of samples

TheDICE
permalink   Thu, Feb 9, 2012 @ 6:19 PM
I would suggest a simple and useful (I think) feature. When a sample is loaded, I noticed that is being renamed. It would be nice to add the bpm in the filename.

p1rj1s_-_Could_It_Be_Me_[120bpm].mp3
or
snowflake_-_Longing_[120bpm].zip
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Thu, Feb 16, 2012 @ 8:25 AM
I think this would actually be nice too. Tempo is meta-info that is essential to remixing in many cases and can’t just be figured out as easily as other meta-info like song key.

I actually already do this same renaming myself manually whenever I download a sample for remixing… so having it done for me would be nice!

permalink   tigabeatz Tue, Mar 6, 2012 @ 8:16 AM
Quote: Clarence SimpsonI think this would actually be nice too. Tempo is meta-info that is essential to remixing in many cases and can’t just be figured out as easily as other meta-info like song key.

yes that would be good to have, but … i find it easier ti get the tempo than the key, this would also be very handy :-)
My Free Mickey
permalink   Thu, Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:02 AM
Good idea
I also do this manually now
vo1k1
permalink   Thu, Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:02 AM
Having various meta data in the file name is super convenient. I use some opensource SW (name fails me at present) to batch detect stuff like this and add it to the file name.
TheDICE
permalink   Thu, Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:40 AM
I’m glad others find this useful. Because I thought I was the only one (or one of the few), that need absolutely the bpm’s :)
Eliseo
permalink   Fri, Jul 13, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
I can not download the songs…