Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Greetings and question

Greetings and question

Chomolungmas_Kleid
permalink   Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 5:07 AM
Hi,

we are two guys who do CCZero-Music, the Duo “Chomolungmas Kleid” from hamburg.
We wanted to introduce us here and say hello!!!!!
yesterday we posted a song of us, including the original stems (XM tracker module). we openly encourage other artists to use our works free and extensively, as all samples we used are also 100% CC0.
until now unfortunately no one listend to our songs yet. is it not useful, wrong category or is there even a technicla problem we didnt get aware of?
greetings!!!!
Admiral Bob
permalink   Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 5:43 AM
Welcome.

As far as listens, would you consider an XM to mp3 conversion? I don’t think many audio packages support XM format anymore. Certainly CCMixter’s player doesn’t, which is why nobody has checked out your tunes, probably.

permalink   Chomolungmas_Kleid Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 6:07 AM
Thank you for your reply. we will check that…
Speck
permalink   Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 7:22 AM
Welcome.

Just by way of confirmation of what Admiral Bob said - I wanted to listen to your upload the other day but there was no play button. So I guess incompatibility between your format and the player.

permalink   Chomolungmas_Kleid Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
thank you. we gonna repost it in a more usual formate.

permalink   Chomolungmas_Kleid Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 3:22 PM
We now re-uploaded it now as MP3.

Is the category okay BTW? When uploading, the form says: “DO NOT UPLOAD FULLY MIXED TRACKS”…

permalink   Speck Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 5:15 PM
I’m going to let an admin answer that.

permalink   Clarence Simpson Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 8:52 AM
That should probably read something more like “DO NOT UPLOAD ONLY FULLY MIXED TRACKS”.

The key is that other producers should be able to use your work in their remixes. That’s often difficult to do if you only upload one MP3 of the full mix of a finished song. Instead, you should upload the full mix and stems (1 MP3 of the guitar, 1 MP3 of the vocals, 1 MP3 of the drums, etc.) as well. That’s perfectly fine and MUCH more likely to be used by others.

permalink   Chomolungmas_Kleid Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 10:29 AM
OK, we finally got it and uploaded it in this way. This whole site is a little bit mysterious. So it’s not totally clear what the category “strike the root” exactly is for, but hey! that’s okay-hey to me! ;-) gez. Assurbanipal (Henning P.)

permalink   Chomolungmas_Kleid Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
Ok, sorry, I read and found it.