Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Best way to upload stems - part of remix or separate upload?

Best way to upload stems - part of remix or separate upload?

colab
permalink   Mon, Feb 2, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
Title sort of says it - when uploading either instrumentals for a remix or full stems, is it “better” (in the meaning “easier for other people to find/use”) to upload them as additional files to the remix, or as a separate sample upload?

For the former - is there an API to return only the remixes that have more than 1 upload in them?

If doing the latter - should I just link to that file as a source from the remix?

Thanks!
teru
permalink   Mon, Feb 2, 2009 @ 4:03 PM
Adding additional files to the main file is the method for uploading multiple files. Which is why “Manage Files” appears at the top of the submission page. Although in some rare cases it would be at the users discretion.

“is there an API to return only the remixes that have more than 1 upload in them?”

I don’t think so.

They do however show up in the remix browser. (ie as instrumental)

I hope this answers your question. For some reason questions are hard today. : )
victor
permalink   Mon, Feb 2, 2009 @ 4:08 PM
sticky topic here
victor
permalink   Mon, Feb 2, 2009 @ 4:32 PM
btw, not 100% what you’re looking for but you can return uploads that have both remixes and samples in them

permalink   colab Mon, Feb 2, 2009 @ 4:52 PM
Quote: fourstonesbtw, not 100% what you’re looking for but you can return uploads that have both remixes and samples in them
Outstanding. Just what I wanted - and relevant for the secret mixter game. Nice.

permalink   victor Mon, Feb 2, 2009 @ 4:58 PM
to isolate a specific user’s samples you can ‘sample’ to the url of their page;

people/cdk/sample