Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Help » "Can I use your music in my movie/video/film??"

"Can I use your music in my movie/video/film??"

victor
permalink   Mon, Nov 24, 2008 @ 9:56 AM
Yes! As long you follow the license of the song.

Every song has a license link with it. Typically with an image like this:

Follow that link and read the license.

In a commercial (money making or advertising) project and don’t want to pay for the music? That’s OK as long as the music you use is under an ‘Attribution’ license which looks like:

or one of our other licenses that don’t mention ‘noncommercial.’

Use our this link to our Remix Browser to find one of the many thousands of commercial-free tracks.

If there is something you would like to do with the music is NOT allowed by the license, then contact the artist that uploaded the track and ask permission. (Please note that many artists have chosen not to share contact information with us so we have no way to reach them, except perhaps through a web site they have on their profile here.)

If that artist sampled somebody else then technically it is that artist’s responsibility to get clearance from the artists they sampled.

For more questions see here…
victor
permalink   Thu, Jan 29, 2009 @ 8:49 PM
In order to create a “trackback” (a link to your video) in our system see here.
victor
permalink   Wed, Apr 15, 2009 @ 9:06 PM
By the way: I’ve created a playlist that keeps track of the newest popular tracks licensed safe to use in commercial applications

Hot (Recent) Commercial Free Remixes

permalink   Nickleus Wed, Jul 29, 2009 @ 12:02 AM
Quote: fourstonesBy the way: Ive created a playlist that keeps track of the newest popular tracks licensed under Attribution (i.e. safe to use in commercial applications)

Hot (Recent) Attribution Remixes

i think it would be really cool to be used in some kind of commercial or something on tv or in a movie. i wonder why so many samples/remixes here seem to be labeled NC? which is also the default when you submit samples. thoughts?

permalink   victor Wed, Jul 29, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
heh, that quesiton is quite the land mine (!) and I don’t want this thread to turn into a religious debate. There are over 1,400 remixes here marked with Attribution - that should be a good start.

CC has been running a long, exhaustive study on NonCommercial use and that is expected to be instructive about usage patterns.

sindee
permalink   Fri, Sep 28, 2012 @ 7:12 AM
I wanna try it but I will just first read the license. It looks so serious.