Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » XP SP3

XP SP3

teru
permalink   Wed, Aug 6, 2008 @ 10:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has updated to MS Windows XP SP3? Is it safe yet?
Songboy3
permalink   Mon, Aug 18, 2008 @ 7:45 AM
I tried it and it totally threw my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card outta wack! So, I’m taking a ‘wait and see’ approach myself. It it changes, I’ll post.
John Pazdan
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 5:54 AM
I did, and everything works..Acid 6, Stylus, Reason 3, Live 4 (T, can you loan me $225 so I can get 7?) Audition 1.5..all my 3rd party plugs..Indigo laptop card, XIO synth and Digitech 3000, the last two when used as midi and audio usb i/o’s as well. The melodica though..I lost all the wind from the mouthpiece, and it became impossible to play. damn microsoft..
barfy
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
been reveiwing the sp3 online deployment for about 2 weeks and found there are about 30% of the people getting the download through Update have had several problems with software licenseing and hardware issues, guess you have to take you chance’s if you go that way, but I have deployed the pak on initial install and have had no problems in the 100 or so machs. that I have serviced. seems as though it has a tighter DRM system employed the SP2. Had some issues with music I purchased online in my personal system as well but nothing good ever comes from M$ Upgrades. the online install appears to have some issues with the Softwrap system and I had to reinstall my copy of XPSmoker and I wage that it will be fudging up some other apps that use this validation method. Best advice I can offer is to do a system back-up prior to install just in case.