Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » The Gender Identity of CC Mixter

The Gender Identity of CC Mixter

Surveillance_Party
permalink   Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 9:36 AM
There will be sweeping generalisations in this post. I hope that this thread will be an ongoing discussion of its subject matter, despite no doubt being pulled off course at times. So onto the main course!
——————————
Many Men come here looking for vocals that can be turned into songs!

Fewer, but still numerous Women come here, to record there vocal(ity?) into things that they hope can be beautifully musically realised!

There are many exceptions, but this convention is so firmly established that we have begun to talk about “DNA”, mother side and father side, in most cases Mother being the female uploaded pell, and Father being the music.

You might not think this is strange, or even true, but I do.

I Loveall the amazing female pells put up here, they truly inspire me. Sometimes when I go searching for the male pells (I don’t really do rap) I just feel like even though they are good I have so little to choose from.

So maybe:

Remix pro’s, all you fella’s, get on the mike and sing it!

I’d like to remix more male vocals, and I would like to have alot more choice about which male vocals I Remix.
——————-
I’d love to go on and on about the creative and analytical sides of the brain, and make some sweet stereotyping gender comments about these, but I think I might refrain for now! *wink*
spinmeister
permalink   Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 10:38 AM
ahhh good, finally a thread where the conversation could not possibly go wrong ;-)

more seriously, I don’t find a shortage of male a cappella’s, but maybe I’m statistically challenged?

permalink   spinmeister Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 11:00 AM
da boyz: over 300

grrl power : over 200

did I do that right, VS?

permalink   victor Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 1:08 PM
Quote: ahhh good, finally a thread where the conversation could not possibly go wrong ;-)

hahaha!

and sure, now do it for remixes - I bet it’s way more lopsided the other way.

I’ll be offline for a while so pardon further slow responses

permalink   spinmeister Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 1:25 PM
yes, but the original complaint was about lack of male a cappellas, not lack of male voice remixes. :-)
shimoda
permalink   Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 1:55 PM
Hey, I did just that in response to a silly request. Check out my pella of one of Gurdonark’s reviews. Yes, it is long. No, I’m no great singer, but it is there. In fact, it is right here.
Surveillance_Party
permalink   Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 11:57 PM
My god i just re-read this post. What the hell am I on about? sheesh. Don’t mind me, i’m going to go and sit on a mountain somewhere…

permalink   spinmeister Tue, May 13, 2008 @ 11:51 AM
as long as you take your remixing equipment with you, because whatever you do, remixes have to be done! :-)

permalink   duckett Tue, May 13, 2008 @ 5:59 PM
…and if you can’t remix, at least bring a field-recorder of some type; we’d love to hear some howling mountain-top winds, or at least some hopefully-not-frostbitten observations ;-)

permalink   Surveillance_Party Wed, May 14, 2008 @ 12:15 AM
ok I’m on it, I’ll go find one with those crazy throat singing monks and bring back some pells!

permalink   spinmeister Wed, May 14, 2008 @ 1:06 PM
now you’re talking! :-)

permalink   duckett Wed, May 14, 2008 @ 1:49 PM
Here you go.

permalink   spinmeister Wed, May 14, 2008 @ 3:24 PM
only at ccMixter can you start a thread about gender inequality and end up with vocal sample from the mountain tops - brilliant! Thanks D.!

permalink   DJ Rkod Wed, May 14, 2008 @ 3:38 PM
Don’t forget freesound.
essesq
permalink   Wed, May 14, 2008 @ 7:04 PM
…er… there are a few of us merely remixing women out there too… and quite honestly I don’t care what gender is doing the performance. It is the performance that counts, and there are so many great ones up here.

I wonder how many women who remix but don’t sing (publically that is) there are on the site. Spin I don’t think you can run the stats on that one :-) - there are no tags for gender of remixer …
DURDEN
permalink   Tue, Jun 3, 2008 @ 9:49 PM
I’m agree. I want to remix male vocals but I can find a good ones, only rap pellas (generalizing).
Jynax
permalink   Mon, Aug 25, 2008 @ 8:16 AM
I was going to post a different thread somewhere along the way about a question I had for people here that was along these lines, so why not keep it here?

Would anyone be interested in a male version of some pellas that are already here on the site that the ladies have already done an truly admirable job of? While I do write and sing I find I can only put about one thing a month out at best if I write it myself, but I would love to keep the tunes flowing where/when I can.

Just curious if that’s an option for anyone.

permalink   narva9 Sun, Sep 21, 2008 @ 10:08 AM
Hey I’d be totally cool with that. :-) Not sure about anyone else. let me know if there is anything of ours that catches your fancy.

n9
tacet
permalink   Sun, Sep 21, 2008 @ 1:38 AM
“The Gender Identity of CC Mixter” posted under DIY? :o

lol… Brad has a lot of new great stuff, there’s some other cool pellas which are maybe ducking your radar.

I’m sure your call for vocals won’t fall on deaf ears, maybe even I will post some more vocals some time this century :D