Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Profiles

Profiles

DURDEN
permalink   Sat, Jan 26, 2008 @ 8:08 AM
Hi, I think the info on the profiles is sometimes weak. I think It’s cool to add space for the gear used (soft y hardware), the favorite styles, bands, something a little more specific and no so open… Soetimes I want to see if that “Nick” is a male or female, how old is the person… what kind of software uses.. etc…
teru
permalink   Sat, Jan 26, 2008 @ 10:50 AM
There is plenty of room to put info like that in if the user wanted.

The reason some of the profiles are “weak” is because some people prefer not to share their info publicly. : )
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 26, 2008 @ 1:39 PM
If you want to see what gear (soft or hard) someone uses then that’s what ‘What I Pound On’ is for, and those are all single click searchable tags in your profile, (takes you to this screen)

‘What I Like’ is intended to specify genres so you can find others with similar tastes as you. These also show up as single clickable tags that take you to a screen like this.

We have these features because they facilitate musical interaction between artists (i.e. helps you find musicians with a given talent, plugin, rack box or taste).

If I could be convinced that knowing the gender or age of a person made a difference in the quality of pells, samples and remixes then I’d be happy to turn those on as well.

Otherwise, as teru says, the rest is kind of personal.

VS