Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » LYRICS

LYRICS

DURDEN
permalink   Wed, Jan 9, 2008 @ 8:57 AM
I’ve seen that a very few acapellas have the lyrics or liks to the lyrics. It’s important. I’m lloking for an acapella with good lyrics, I wont use a very good sounding lyrics but singing crap or something I’m not agree to.
I listen to all the song to figure out what i’m looking for but sometimes is boring… Also sometimes I could not understand parts of what the peolple sings… So maybe my suggest is to add a little space in the acapellas upload section to post th elyrics of the song and animate uploaders to add the lyrics.

Thks.
gurdonark
permalink   Thu, Jan 10, 2008 @ 7:50 PM
I agree with you that it would be cool if ‘pella providers provided the lyrics or a link to the lyrics. A good point.
Songboy3
permalink   Sun, Jun 8, 2008 @ 11:48 AM
Really? Hmmm….

I really try to write lyrics that are coherent, consistent and just plain make some kind of sense. I know I’ll try to be more aware of this. Thanx for the heads up!
teru
permalink   Sun, Jun 8, 2008 @ 1:54 PM
Lyrics in the track description field work great. Like Kaer Trouz or narva9. : )

permalink   DURDEN Tue, Jun 10, 2008 @ 10:50 AM
Yeap. But What I mean is not the importance for a place to put the lyrics. Is a reminder, and advice saying “hey, you’re uploading and a cappella, It would be good if you post the lyrics”.

Kaer started to do that after I send her an email requesting for the lyrics.

permalink   victor Tue, Jun 10, 2008 @ 11:39 AM
ok, I’ve put a friendly nudge into the a cappella submit form.

permalink   DURDEN Tue, Jun 10, 2008 @ 2:06 PM
Thank you Victor
gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Jun 8, 2008 @ 8:47 PM
With both lyrics and spoken word tracks, I prefer to see the words written out, too. In particular, I like to remix non-English tracks, but I like to know the translation of what I am remixing.

permalink   teru Tue, Jun 10, 2008 @ 6:54 PM
Interesting point about non-English tracks.

I just wanted to add. Please include BPM too please. If I don’t understand the lyrics there’s no way I’m going to guess the BPM correctly. And I would guess that non-english speaking remixers would have the same problem without BPM on the english pellas. : )

permalink   victor Tue, Jun 10, 2008 @ 9:45 PM
ok, I put a plea for bpm into the a cappella submit form.