Branching Out Secret Mixter Sign Ups
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Thanks, and bass lines to order

Thanks, and bass lines to order

shadowphiar
permalink   Wed, Oct 31, 2007 @ 2:00 PM
Hello,
First of all I’d like to say a big thanks to everybody involved in putting ccMixter together and contributing content. It’s a terrific resource, and has been particularly useful to me as I help to run a summer activity holiday for 14-17 year olds: one of the activities is making short films, and this year we used exclusively music from ccMixter for all the background and theme music. It was really helpful to have such a varied library of music under licence(s) which we could use legally. So, thank you all for that.

With that in mind, I thought the most appropriate way for me to respond would be to contribute something in kind back to the site. I play electric fretless bass guitar, and I’d like to record some bass lines for people’s tracks. So far I mostly play rock/pop, prog, alternative, etc.

If you’re working on a project and you think it would benefit from a genuine instrumental bass line (instead of synth, for example) then please get in touch!

Cheers,
Andrew
teru
permalink   Wed, Oct 31, 2007 @ 7:47 PM
Thank you for introducing this site to others. I’m not really the prog rock type but bass samples are always appreciated. : )
duckett
permalink   Thu, Nov 1, 2007 @ 11:16 AM
Heh, I’ve got a Jazz fretless, but my infantile chops mean too many takes for upload-worthy samples…
Upload away!
gerald
permalink   Thu, Nov 1, 2007 @ 3:34 PM
Any bass parts recorded to click and cut as loops are very much appreciated! The simpler the better in a way. I can’t seem to get along with sampled bass sounds so I usually end up using analog sounds…
shadowphiar
permalink   Thu, Nov 1, 2007 @ 5:23 PM
Well, I find it quite difficult to come up with a “generic” bass part since the mood changes so much with what the other instruments are doing. But I’ll have a go at recording something, maybe over the weekend.

(If somebody wants a bass line for their specific project, that offer’s still open, of course).
victor
permalink   Thu, Nov 1, 2007 @ 5:28 PM
ok, here’s another suggestion:

- pick a pell, any melodic pell (maybe brad sucks if you’re rockin, calendargirl if you’re pop, songboy if you’re r&b)

- play along