Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Bass Players Speak Out

Bass Players Speak Out

victor
permalink   Tue, Aug 14, 2007 @ 12:39 AM
Bassists like their funk

We don’t have a lot of bass samples here, any bassists out there feel free to be inspired by the list above…
teru
permalink   Tue, Aug 14, 2007 @ 1:25 AM

permalink   Revlin Fri, Jun 27, 2008 @ 1:07 PM
Dude, what a tight band! Thank you.
Here’s a bit higher quality link:
Tighten Up
victor
permalink   Tue, Aug 14, 2007 @ 2:44 AM
did you know that was the first single I ever bought? I was about 8 years old.

If you listen you’ll hear that every lick I’ve ever played on guitar, bass and horn part I’ve ever programmed is actually contained in that song.

permalink   teru Tue, Aug 14, 2007 @ 9:35 AM
But can you dance as good as you walk? ;)
victor
permalink   Tue, Aug 14, 2007 @ 2:46 AM
here is the single version and here is the augmented “I just can’t stop dancing”
misterC
permalink   Fri, Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:04 PM
Tighten up now! Heh, great track!

I’ll try and make some good bass samples to upload.

Also I have lots of great raw tracks from some Ninjams with some great bass players that I can chop up. The ninjams are by default CC licensed (you agree when you connect to the jam) so there shouldn’t be an issue, but I will see if I can contact the guys to see if they mind me posting them here.
timaladyetz
permalink   Tue, Nov 27, 2007 @ 12:37 PM
I’ve got some bass lines I’ve been using, I’ll start uploading those. Are people generally interested in what key parts are in, or just the bpm?

permalink   victor Tue, Nov 27, 2007 @ 12:39 PM
if you know the key definitely post that in the description field

(There’s already a special field for bpm in the upload form and we use that to sort samples)

permalink   Revlin Fri, Jun 27, 2008 @ 1:18 PM
Will there ever be a special entry for key/mode info, just like there’s one for bpm?
DoKashiteru
permalink   Fri, May 2, 2008 @ 10:34 AM
I can post some basslines as well - I’ll get on that this weekend. I always love it when people specify key and BPM, so I’ll do the same…:)

permalink   John Pazdan Sat, May 3, 2008 @ 7:31 AM
Gebus, when was this thread started, in 1976? I was ..somewhere else..anyway..I have bass to spare, as that is what i “do for a living”..but..the cooler thing that’s coming are some lines from this new instrument I sorta invented, called the (drum roll please) Electric Extended Tenor Bass.

I am happily and luckily back on the endorsement roster at Rick Turner’s Renaissance guitars and basses, and commissioned the ax in October..it’s almost done. I have been playing z James Brown fahnk for a while (since cough cough.. 1972) and like the guitar parts as much as the bass parts..and usually learn them as well, as they also happen to sometimes make very cool bass parts, HINT HINT HINT newbies..anywho, I am having this instrument made so i can play bass and geetar parts at the same time. I am NOT trying to be Charlie Hunter (good luck with THAT) but I AM trying to be Catfish Collins and Bernard Odum at the same time..and chew gum..and play mood sympathizer…this is primarily for live, but the initial things I’ve pulled off the prototype I made last summer are pretty fahnking cool..so I will be posting a few soon.

Any requests from the peanut gallery?

permalink   victor Sat, May 3, 2008 @ 9:02 AM
well, if somebody is asking: mono, 2 and 4 bar phrases, generally 1 (maybe 2 chords outlined), good keys are E, G, Bb, D, good bpms are 80, 95, 110, with slice-able spaces between notes.

permalink   DoKashiteru Mon, May 5, 2008 @ 8:22 AM
Whoo! I got one posted here!

More will come!