Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Halloween-Freesound Challenge?

Halloween-Freesound Challenge?

Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Fri, Oct 6, 2006 @ 2:41 AM
I’m not ashamed to admit that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays….jack-o-lanterns (homemade for me - none of those fancy canned patterns), spookiness, pondering dark mysteries, excited kids OD’ing on sugar…c’mon? how could it get better than that?

And I’ve also stated I think the Freesound linkage is one of the best recently added features.

How about a challenge to put these two things together? The idea: use some freesound samples (& other CC samples if desired) to create a set of Halloween mixes all with a tag of “Halloween”. Freesound, with its variety and volume of sounds, seems like a PERFECT source to use for spooky tracks….I can imagine some freaky atmospheric tracks with shrieks, laughter, and other mayhem…maybe some Thriller-esque tracks…wierd-bient, of course ;)…..I’ll commit to do one of these - who’ll join me? Aw, it’ll be fun, and it will expand usage of Freesound samples too. Plus, it will be a blast listening to these on the 31st….. .. .
gurdonark
permalink   Fri, Oct 6, 2006 @ 9:08 PM
A good idea. I’m up for a Halloween mix.
PorchCat
permalink   Sat, Oct 7, 2006 @ 4:04 AM
Woo hooo! I’m in!!

*meow*
§įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ
permalink   Sun, Oct 15, 2006 @ 3:28 AM
hey thats sounds like a really good idea, I have a question for anybody: can anyone tell me what I need to convert a -aif and flac, format to a mp3 or wav? I have fl-studio 5 and a magix editor. thanks
Matthew
P.s I will mix up something

permalink   Ran Dumb Dots...... .. . Mon, Oct 16, 2006 @ 3:01 AM
I think Audacity opens .aif files. And for flac, check out the flac website’s download area - thanks for the interest in this….. .. .
Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Mon, Oct 16, 2006 @ 2:56 AM
Hey, thanks for the interest….I finally started working on my “piece” this weekend - I decided to try a collab with my two sons (one pre-school - one 2nd grade). I’m about 10% done, but the seed idea is there. We had fun picking a half a dozen or so samples on Freesound (searching for “spooky”). Hopefully I can get this done the next couple weeks. Looking forward to hearing at least a couple others….. .. .

permalink   §įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ Mon, Oct 16, 2006 @ 12:59 PM
thanks alot for those links :), and I started on my mix right away downloading some sounds and Im allready haveing a blast, with ideas,.
Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Thu, Oct 19, 2006 @ 1:18 AM
§įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ
permalink   Tue, Oct 31, 2006 @ 6:36 PM
Hey I have a mix 80% done, but on 21 was my birthday, and on the 22 at 1:15am my live in uncle died, (will be missed) so Ive layed low and have not been active on my computer for sometime. I will upload soon. Matthew