Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Help » trying to put together a CC music Q&A

trying to put together a CC music Q&A

dawmusicmanumit
permalink   Thu, Apr 11, 2024 @ 8:07 AM
WHAT:
At the most recent Friends of CC Music meeting, we discussed having a Q&A session to get folks caught up on the scene so they can help answer any questions that newcomers might have on Netlabel Day.

Aside from the timing reason of Netlabel Day onboarding, I think recording the session could be useful for all sorts of new-comers to the CC scene at any time of the year!

Video will be recorded for YouTube/PeerTube.

WHY:
Friends of CC Music’s mission is to promote CC music in any way possible. The way we have decided to spend our resources at current is to focus on making Netlabel Day 2024 as good as it can be given our limited resources.

In order for Netlabel Day to be a success in bringing in new folks to the CC music scene, we need to have volunteers that can on-board new members into the community.

One of the problems that has been identified with our on-boarding volunteers is that they lack a lot of context for why things are the way they are in the CC music scene. The term “netlabel”, for example, is confusing to people.

The Q&A is an effort to provide the volunteers with the resources they need before Netlabel Day. More specifically, I want to have the Q&A before the Netlabel Day planning meetings so we aren’t wasting time on context in the meetings and can focus on actually planning.

The panelists will answer the questions of the volunteers and community members that join the call. I will moderate the panel.

WHO:
I would like to get representatives from the following types of constituents:
- musician - Tom Ray has agreed to fill this role.
- podcaster - RynoTheBearded has agreed to fill this role.
- netlabelist
- ccMixter (this is the piece I am specifically trying fill by posting here, but if you are involved in netlabels and what to fulfill that role, lmk!)

Feel free to join if you have questions yourself!

WHEN:
Tentatively, I am shooting for April 28, but I need to find a few more folks first. I want to find a representative from each of the four areas mentioned above, and then work with that group to come up with a date that works. I’m shooting for 2pm Central that day, because that has been my standard time for interviews when I was doing those, but I could potentially do it a different day or time depending who ends up finally being able to attend. Right now, the audience and panelists I am planning are all based in the US, but if some folks end up not wanting to be involved, this might change.

I am thinking an hour, but if there aren’t a lot of questions we can close up shop early. If there is good discussion, maybe we will go longer.

WHERE:
https://meet.jit.si/ccmusic