Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Newbe Question about Attribution on YouTube

Newbe Question about Attribution on YouTube

kiwibob
permalink   Wed, Dec 7, 2011 @ 10:00 AM
I want to use a CC BY-NC 3.0 soundtrack (Simple by unreal_dm) on a video on YouTube.

The condition is that I have to include the link with the video http://www.youtube.com/watc... Fair enough too.

I’m sure it’s obvious but where does the link go?
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Dec 7, 2011 @ 12:55 PM
Typically, in the “more info” section. Also, if you use the trackback feature at ccmixter, a link to your video will be inserted on the song’s page. You create a trackback by going to the song’s page, and clicking on “video” under the heading “I uaws or saw [song] in… .”. Hope this helps.

permalink   kiwibob Fri, Dec 9, 2011 @ 11:51 AM
Quote: SackJo22Typically, in the “more info” section.

Thanks SackJo22

I’m looking at “info and Settings” but I cant see a “more info” section. Presumably I’m in the wrong place?

permalink   SackJo22 Fri, Dec 9, 2011 @ 7:34 PM
I’m referring to youtube. I’m not sure how it works on youtube exactly because I do not typically upload videos. However, typically there is some type of description with the video, and it is within the desscription that I often see the link posted. I call it the “more info” section because usually, I have to click on “more info” at the bottom of the description for it to show all the information, including the links. Again, I am not sure how you put it in there when describing a video uploaded to youtube — that’s just where I’ve seen it.

permalink   kiwibob Sat, Dec 10, 2011 @ 9:24 PM
Quote: SackJo22Typically, in the “more info” section.

Hi SackJo22

Yes I’m in YouTube. The only options to insert free format text seem to be Description and tags, neither of which will accept links. All the other info seems to be dropdowns or radio buttons.

I’ve settled for a text attribution and inserted the link on the page where I’ve embedded the video.

I’m very happy to change this but I’ll have to find out how.

I’ve done the trackback thing however.

Thanks for your help.

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Dec 11, 2011 @ 9:23 AM
That’s fine. If the format precludes a link, then just mentioning the source site would be sufficient.