Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Freesound STILL unfindable :-(

Freesound STILL unfindable :-(

duckett
permalink   Sat, Oct 8, 2011 @ 6:35 PM
Really hate to be Whiny McWhinerson here, but I am just plain tired of the source-finder widget being broken for Freesound. I know Freesound has revamped their site which may be a factor, but surely there is a way to remedy this that doesn’t require uber-wizardly coding abilities not native to this planet? I am disappoint.
septahelix
permalink   Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 12:32 PM
I second this. I’ve had trouble with Magnatune before as well. Furthermore, a search-engine-like quality to the system would be nice in general for the whole sample-pool.
I don’t think you can search Artists in freesound either. Not sure about the other sites, but it would nice if this were possible.

permalink   duckett Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 12:37 PM
What I’d liked about the Freesound indexer when it was working was the ability to simply enter the numerical ID of the sample, thereby avoiding having to wade through possibly hundreds of samples which would’ve been the case if searching by uploader (vast sample packs and the like).

permalink   septahelix Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
I see. That does sound very effective. So, is it freesound or this site malfunctioning? Probably the former from revamping?

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 3:20 PM
Freesound changed their format. I’ve had no real chance to look at the whole problem, as I’d have to:

a) Study the format as it was (if I can find an example.)
b) study the format as it is
c) Run an entire simulation of the CCMixter site (CCHost) to right it and test it.

Its a relatively big deal, and I’m usually pretty busy.

permalink   duckett Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 4:25 PM
Gotcha. I’ll see if I can have a conversation with somebody on their end, maybe there’s a way to make this relatively painless. Didn’t know this was all on just you, much thanks for the work you put in!