Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » How to get an acapella (vocal track) featured?

How to get an acapella (vocal track) featured?

aliteralmind
permalink   Sun, Apr 19, 2009 @ 7:12 PM
Is an acapella (a vocal track in my case) made “featured”, by a ccmixter editor just stumbling upon it and enjoying it? Or is it based on popularity (recommendations, reviews, and remixes), or could I request my own acapella—oh is THAT what a “pell” is?!—to be considered as “featured”?

My song has not been noticed yet. I think partially this is because I’m a new user (I’m remixing others’ music as fast as I can!). It is possibly also because, although the music is meant to be adult-serious, it is a ultimately a song written for kids. My definition of kids music is something by They Might Be Giants. Very different than, say, Itsy Bitsy Spider.

ccmixter does not seem to have much kid-oriented music, which is one disadvantage of the site, for me. Otherwise, I’m loving it here.

I don’t think in this case, that popularity—a large amount of recommendations/reviews/remixes—is necessarily a fair assessment, if this is indeed a factor in considering “featured”-ness.

(This has turned out to be partially a question, partially a comment.)

Any recommendations for me? Thank you. :’ )
victor
permalink   Sun, Apr 19, 2009 @ 8:19 PM
As far as the ‘featured’ pell process, you kind of hit it on the head. It’s all very subjective - including the process by which a remixer/producer picks the pells they will remix.

I think your cultural observations are pretty close too - TMBG-style is a “hard sell” because it simply doesn’t align easily with most of our remixer’s taste.

Things tend to happen over time. We’ve just had a short-term call-for-remixes so many of us were distracted. A week or two is NOT a very long for a pell to get picked up by one or more remixer. People are remixing pells from several years ago.

As of this writing, I only see you having two reviews. You can seriously raise your visibility by jumping in and letting people you know you exist by taking the time to give honest, meaningful reviews.

At that point you just have to hang out and let time do it thing because you’ll either find a fit or not…

permalink   aliteralmind Mon, Apr 20, 2009 @ 4:24 AM
Are you telling me I have to have…PATIENCE??!!

:’ )

I need to start actually reviewing the music I hear. I’ve listened to quite a lot.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

permalink   aliteralmind Tue, Apr 21, 2009 @ 5:52 AM
Okay, it’s been another long day. Have I waited long enough now??? Huh? HUH?

Just kidding. Bye.