Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Downloading playlists

Downloading playlists

radiotimes
permalink   Wed, Oct 8, 2008 @ 8:20 PM
Is there any way to download a whole playlist to my I pod without having to download each track individually
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Wed, Oct 8, 2008 @ 9:04 PM
the short answer is yes, but the problem i’m finding is that it doesn’t retain ordering.

what you need to do is get the RSS feed URL and subscribe to a new podcast. go to advanced, subscribe to podcast in itunes. it will prompt you for a URL. enter the URL for the RSS for the playlist. the podcast/playlist will come in as a single expandable file. there should also be a little button when you expand the list that says “get all”. push it. the files will be imported one at a time.

the problem i’m finding though with doing it this way is it doesn’t retain the original order.

so for the cool music shows for example, my voiceovers are out of order.

here’s the RSS URL for my latest show:

http://ccmixter.org/api/que...

open itunes, go to advanced-subscribe to podcast and use the link above. then expand and get all. you can import the show but it’s out of order, probably due to the ID3 tags.

i’m noticing that itunes seems to sort the playlist by “release date” so if anyone has some insight into getting around this issue, i’d love to know.

permalink   victor Thu, Oct 9, 2008 @ 6:16 AM
I know it doesn’t help you now, but at one point I started to look into the ordering thing but got distracted. We’re in the middle of a software upgrade that will take a few days to complete but I’ll take another run at it, I think this is important for sure…
victor
permalink   Thu, Oct 9, 2008 @ 6:18 AM
What MC Jack said, or the easier way:

- open the ‘podcast’ section of iTunes

- drag the feed icon into there

As MCJ said, ordering will be date dependent but at least you’ll get all the tracks.