Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Some Questions

Some Questions

dev_d_bhatt
permalink   Sun, Mar 18, 2007 @ 11:07 AM
Dear Sirs,
I am new to the whole Creative Commons concept, and just became a member of this site recently. I have a few questions that I hope you would be able to answer.
Firstly, I tried to upload a fully mixed version of my song, but realized that I can’t, and I can only submit acapellas, samples, or remixes of songs currently on ccMixter. I did a bit of browsing and came across this page: http://ccmixter.org/media/t... which explains the reasoning behind this. I have some further queries:
1. When did this feature (the ability to upload fully mixed tracks) get phased out?
2. Would you ever be considering opening this channel again for artistes to upload fully-mixed songs?
Also, is it possible for me to upload newer edits of my songs over previously uploaded versions? Let’s say I upload a song, Song A, and then I make some changes to the song in a few weeks so that it becomes Song A (Version 2). Is it possible for me to upload the version 2 over the original version?
Also, on each song page, there is a date uploaded. Does this date refer to that of the original upload of the song, or the upload of a revised version (as I mentioned above)?
Thanks so much for your help in clearing my doubts!
Yours,
Dev
victor
permalink   Sun, Mar 18, 2007 @ 12:31 PM
1. a while ago
2. yes

Also [1]: use ‘Manage Files’ on the songs page to replace the current mix

Also [2]: date is original upload date. ‘updated dated’ is the date of your update (replace)

permalink   dev_d_bhatt Sun, Mar 18, 2007 @ 11:38 PM
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your prompt reply!

Regards,
Dev