Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » About Funkyremixes.com

About Funkyremixes.com

CoffeeTrim
permalink   Tue, Mar 6, 2007 @ 1:44 PM
Hi guys

May ask something about this new Creative Commons music comunity?

I casually ended up in that page, and the first thing that flash me out was the awesome design of the site.

What kinds of differences with Mixter the site will have?

Victor can you please tell us something more about it?

Thank you, have a nice and sweet followings…

Cheers

Coffeetrim
funkyremixes.com
permalink   Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 9:52 AM
Hey everyone, my name is bob… I am the guy who built funkyremixes.com…

Let me start by saying, the whole reason behind the website is to promote Creative Commons, CCMixter, you, and your music. This is not a business, nor am I competing with CCMixter, I am just a big advocate of all everything happening with the CC movement. I pay for all costs related to running the site myself b/c I think it is cool as hell that there is this open access to music. What would music be without sampling and sharing? I am just trying to help promote CC…and give your music another way to be heard.

I am a web designer, who loves music, so I figured why not put my spare time to good use. I spend all day listening to CCmxtr.

I have talked by phone with the people at Creative Commons, to make sure they are cool with this, and that it is legal, I also emailed CCMixter and they told me I should host the songs on my website.

I want to apologize for not emailing the artists yet, but I have every intention on doing so. The site is not complete yet, and I did not expect to get any traffic to it until I was done (more work than expected). If your music is up there and you don’t want it there, let me know and I will pull it down. I am going to contact the artists, and hopefully there are some cool things we can do together.

I will be promoting CCMixter bigtime on my website, I just have not got to this yet. I will be linking back to the artist’s music pages as well as alot of the music. I will also have any new artists that come to funkyremixes licence and post there music thru CC and CCMixter, b/c they are the mother-ship in all this, the music should live there.

Please contact me with any comments, good or bad. I will be in touch with the artists soon… hope you’re not mad, I was trying to do something cool and helpful.

CoffeeTrim, I am glad you like the design… your Long Island remix is sweet as hell!!!

permalink   victor Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 11:22 AM
no one is complaining and you don’t have to contact anybody for the type of hosting/linking you’re doing — when I said I would “dig around� it’s because I was curious and yes, grateful. There should be 1,000 sites like yours.

permalink   funkyremixes.com Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 11:37 AM
thanks!!! I am so glad to hear that :)

I will try to get the website finished asap and help all you guys recruit some new ears to lay those sweet remixes on…

almost forgot… I really really appreciate everyone checking out my website, and the nice comments about the design. I hope you check it out again, hopefully I can finish up soon.
victor
permalink   Tue, Mar 6, 2007 @ 3:44 PM
I would love to tell you more about… as soon I find out more about it ;) let me dig around…
teru
permalink   Wed, Mar 7, 2007 @ 2:42 PM
Great find Coffeetrim. Nice looking site. Look as though it’s 100% ccMixter content at the moment. Weird how someone would got to all this trouble without asking ccMixter about it or any mention of Mixter whatsoever. Has to be more to it.

BTW - I wonder if any of the artist were contacted.

permalink   victor Wed, Mar 7, 2007 @ 3:32 PM
I don’t necessarily think they are doing anything wrong (unless you count the fact that I don’t see any fourstones remixes there…), sharing is a good thing.

permalink   teru Wed, Mar 7, 2007 @ 3:52 PM
Yeah that must be it. I didn’t see any Fourstones remixes and thought - Bastards! That must be illegal.

Sorry for the kneejerk. ;)

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Mar 7, 2007 @ 4:00 PM
even though i have a mix on their page, this is the first i’ve heard of this. nobody contacted me about it, so i assume they just pulled stuff from the mixter. not complaining though…
CoffeeTrim
permalink   Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 6:07 AM
Greetings

Guys I didn t mean bringing up complainings with my question ;).
I haven t been contacted for being asked my permission to pull Long Island remix on there, but I agreed to give my tracks under creative common license, so among everything, it doesn t seem to be an illegal doing.

Just you know, was just curious, and considering that Victor has ties with CC, i thought he was the right person to ask…that s it.

Thank you all guys, have a nice day.

Coffeetrim
teru
permalink   Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 12:00 PM
Sorry again for the knee jerk reaction. There was no intention of complaining. Just curiosity. : )

Great work Bob! Thank you.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 3:00 PM
yes, i wasn’t complaining. just the opposite actually. feel free to use any of my remixes Bob.

i never really felt like anyone was complaining per se, but i can’t blame teru for feeling a bit protective of ccmixter, as my first reaction was similar to his. i think for the folks that have contributed alot to building the content for this site, we feel like we at least have a vested interest in it. :)

permalink   funkyremixes.com Thu, Mar 8, 2007 @ 3:23 PM
THX!!!! I appreciate it… what you are sayin makes sense.

by the way, “Bring The Music Back” is one of my favorite remixes I have heard on CCMixter. Great work!