Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » What's a better program?

What's a better program?

J.Lang
permalink   Mon, Jan 29, 2007 @ 7:18 AM
Djlang just went down the ProTools road. A little crazy but nice.
I’m looking to try some other music software to go with my protools.
I have a sample of LIVE and REASONS, that came with Protools. For some reason i can’t use the REASONS software, but i had pretty good luck with LIVE so far.
Both are just lite vers of the orginals. I’ve heard so many good things about REASONS.
Not to crazy about what i’ve seen and heard in LIVE so far, but it is just the lite vers.
If i purchased REASONS, how well will it work with PROTOOLS?
I’m also using a iMac computer.

Thanks for you info and input.
J. Lang
KCentric
permalink   Mon, Jan 29, 2007 @ 9:52 AM
What up J.Lang,

First of all welcome to the world of Pro Tools and get ready for a bumpy and interesting musical journey.

Pro Tools is a great tool and has pretty much become the industry standard when it comes to DAWs.

I spent 2 weeks at Outkast’s studio Stankonia a few years ago learning the ins and outs of this software.

I really struggled with it at first but I eventually learned more by reading and teaching myself at home.

I was introduced to Reason while learning Pro Tools and instantly fell in love with the program.

Everything that I’ve produced and remixed here has been with Reason. It is my primary production and remix tool in the studio.

REASON and PRO TOOLS

Reason works with Pro Tools via an application called Rewire which was also developed by the creators of Reason which allows it to work with other music software/hardware.

If you get a chance check out their website and click on Learn Reason for more information about how Rewire works with Pro Tools.

Here’s the link http://www.propellerheads.se/.

Hope this helps…
Luke Tripp
permalink   Thu, Feb 1, 2007 @ 11:40 AM
Sorry this isn’t any help to you Lang, but I had a question about Pro Tools.

I was searching through Digidesign’s site and was confused about something. Do I need to have an Mbox (2) or Digi 002 (Rack) to actually use Pro Tools LE or can I run the program without those. Same for Pro Tools M-Powered?

Again, sorry I couldn’t help you.

permalink   KCentric Sat, Feb 3, 2007 @ 5:04 PM
Quote: Luke TrippSorry this isn’t any help to you Lang, but I had a question about Pro Tools.

I was searching through Digidesign’s site and was confused about something. Do I need to have an Mbox (2) or Digi 002 (Rack) to actually use Pro Tools LE or can I run the program without those. Same for Pro Tools M-Powered?

Again, sorry I couldn’t help you.

Hey Luke!

Pro Tools LE can only be used with a Digidesign audio interface (Mbox 2, Digi OO2, or with a M-Audio M-Powered compatible hardware device.

Thx
-k

permalink   Luke Tripp Sat, Feb 3, 2007 @ 10:35 PM
Thanks KCentric. I guess I need to save up a few more shiny pennies before I move up to Pro Tools. :P