Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Never mind the bollocks, here come the Rip Pistols

Never mind the bollocks, here come the Rip Pistols

Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Tue, Mar 1, 2005 @ 11:46 PM
We all want the best of it: ripping, sampling, remixing. But do not underestimate CREATING. Borrowing is great, borrowing is fun, but it’s not a goal itself. I should like to put some stress on COOPERATION, where everyone acts conscious of what and what for she or he does.
And remember - we are not in any way depandant on big names or big labels. They want to share their samples - SUPER. But there is still US and OUR samples. As I have noticed even in such a small community, there are born BORROWERS and born BORROWEES :) LET’S COOPERATE!!!
P.S. By the way: Why shouldn’t we ask some BIG STARS to prepare samples especially for us to share. Not a samples from their existing products (songs), but the ones prepared specially for BORROWERS.
victor
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 7:26 AM
It’s funny, you seem to be equating sampling with borrowing — most composers I know borrow *at least* as much as most samplers/djs I know. Know what I mean?

btw, is there something specific that spurned this thread?
Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 8:06 AM
No there is no equity. I quess it’s my language problem that underlays this misunderstanding (English is not my mother langauge :). I am not against BORROWING - it is as real as CREATING. I just wanted to highlight another issue. There are things far beyond. And I will try to explain them later. Now I’m too happy and too exhausted :)
creativelycommon
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 2:06 PM
you look like elton john.

I’m not entirely sure the point you’re trying to make, but that is ok because you speak music very well. And that’s all that matters here…
Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 7:37 PM
I only hope you ment YOUNG Elton John :)
teru
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 7:54 PM
Elton? No way. I say Tom Waits. Could just be the B&W photo and cigarette though. Or my ten year old monitor. But not Elton. Gosh! : )
Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 8:13 PM
Thx Teru. I started rethinking my image, but you saved me from eternal flames ……
Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Wed, Mar 2, 2005 @ 8:15 PM
Tell all the chiks back there that you have a friend that looks like a mixture of Elton John and Waits !!!
Popular Culture Metamorphosis
permalink   Thu, Mar 3, 2005 @ 6:26 AM
Nope.

You look like Alton Brown.

Are you Alton Brown? Please tell me you’re Alton Brown.