Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Sound Settings on XP

Sound Settings on XP

teru
permalink   Sat, Sep 9, 2006 @ 3:14 PM
I use my computer to listen & make music but also to watch DVDs and movies. Half of the time on headphones and the the other half on desktop speakers.

I have a problem sometimes where I switch between headphones to speakers and forget to reset the audio settings(volume control). Or I switch on the 3D enhancement on my Windows Media Player and forget to turn it off while mixing. This of course makes a big difference in the final mix, usually not for the better. I try to check-list all the settings before starting a mix but often I forget.

Does this happen to anyone else? Can anyone suggest a way of avoiding this?
Luke Tripp
permalink   Sun, Sep 10, 2006 @ 1:48 PM
I don’t know if it’ll work or not but you could create 3 (or however many you need) accounts on your computer. Then name one like “Listening”, “DVD’s” and “Mixing” or whatever and just make the settings to each one what you want. Then if you want to change, just log off of one and onto the other.

permalink   teru Sun, Sep 10, 2006 @ 3:31 PM
I think I’ll try that, thanks. But knowing me I’l probably forget to switch users. ;)

permalink   Luke Tripp Sun, Sep 10, 2006 @ 3:37 PM
Just make all of your mixing software available only on the Mixing account. Then you HAVE to change.

permalink   teru Sun, Sep 10, 2006 @ 4:30 PM
That’s it. Thanks Luke. I owe you one. : )

permalink   Luke Tripp Sun, Sep 10, 2006 @ 6:52 PM
No problem.