Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Tracktion

Tracktion

Djaii (as "Kyro")
permalink   Sat, Feb 26, 2005 @ 7:37 PM
Does anybody still have the free version of Tracktion that they would share? I’d like to see how the ReWire 2.0 support is in it. Saw a post about it from January….
victor
permalink   Sat, Feb 26, 2005 @ 7:41 PM
The demo is here:

http://my.mackie.com/produc...

VS
Djaii (as "Kyro")
permalink   Sun, Feb 27, 2005 @ 4:04 PM
I must have misunderstood the original post in January - there is no free version, just a demo version??
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 27, 2005 @ 4:20 PM
afaik there was a temporary offer of a free license that has expired. The license now costs money again. But even the free license still came with all the restrictions of the paid version, that is "a Tracktion license will only work on a specific PC" so unfortunately it’s not like a endless freeware distribution. It was a one-time thing. afaik.

Victor
Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Mon, Feb 28, 2005 @ 8:24 AM
FWIW, Tracktion is a good rewire choice. I got it when the license was free and I’m very glad I did. Just like Reason, Tracktion goes very easy on the cpu and I use a modest AMD/ECS mobo-chip combo that I got at Frys for about $80. Last time I checked Tracktion was going for about $80 on the Mackie site. Once you get use to their way of thinking (as far as the layout goes) Tracktion is very efficient and ergonomic and it comes with some pretty good mastering tools as well. Its a very good VST host, too.