Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » CCmixter Mix CD...

CCmixter Mix CD...

shagrugge
permalink   Fri, Jun 30, 2006 @ 5:12 PM
I was thinkin how cool it would be to have CCmixter compilation mix albums for download…a full on mix of multiple artists full tracks. Similar to the webjay mixes that are put up but beyond that the tracks would flow into one another as one continuous track. I haven’t been to the ccSalons but it’s kind of what I imagine them to be like (maybe?)

Is anyone interested in producing some full length ccmixter compilation albums?

If so could they be hosted here?
shagrugge
permalink   Mon, Aug 28, 2006 @ 8:35 PM
http://musicalivre.podomati...

Looks like someone is already on this stuff…ccMixtape 004
teru
permalink   Sun, Jul 2, 2006 @ 8:51 PM
“If so could they be hosted here?”

If not, you might want to try something like this.

permalink   shagrugge Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 3:00 PM
that’s cool. I’m thinking of something like what the nerdcore compilation CDs’ are doing. They have downloadable CDs with liner notes and artwork. Everyone can download burn the albums and give them out at shows.

There is so much ill content on this site to produce a bunch of genre based best of ccMixter CDs that all the producers can pass out to friends or at shows that can help promote the entire site and everyone on it. Honestly, I’d like to think it should be a ccMixter decision as far as who gets on what album.

I feel it as something like the what the Scion Sampler CDs are doing…any hip hop show I go to I can score some free Scion mix CDs. CCmixter could be promotin like that at hip hop shows, DnB shows, Downtempo DJ concerts…local bars, clubs, etc…everybody gets promoted, everyone wins.

permalink   audiomesh Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 3:57 PM
I´m new to this site and wa sactually wondering if something like this is allready taking place. It´s defintatly a cool idea.
Maybe some sort of mosh-voting or contest could be used to set up a track list for each genre.
Like top 13 hiphop, downbeat etc.
even the artwork for a cd might be developed like this. Just brainstorming here, but your idea is great taking into consideration that each user could propaply reach quite a few people.
shagrugge
permalink   Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 4:18 PM
I’ve been playing around with the multitrack to CD Project view in Adobe Audition to make acutal mix CDs (not just a playlist)…but each song mixes into one another in the multitrack session view with track marker inserts that are read by the CD project view. Then you burn the CD from the CD project window and the tracks are read automatically from the multitrack session view… as opposed to a playlist of song titles…that’s what got me thinking about doing this but it’s definitely a way to get everyone’s name out and get some people on the site who are here to listen and check out the tunes.

That’s the idea anyway. I also got Adobe CS2 and could do up some artwork/liner notes for the CDs. Does anyone else have this capability or is interested in lending a hand to creating compilation based ccMixter mix CDs?

- Hit me up -

permalink   audiomesh Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 4:37 PM
I do have paint shop pro which is not as good as photoshop but still quite capable. I´m not to much into picture editing but would be willing to try my best. The mix cd thing sounds cool. Unfortunetly my samplitude se doesn´t support cd-authoring so i´m stuck there Still i think it would be cool if somehow as many people as possible pick the tracks that actually get on a mix cd. On the other hand that would make the process of mixing them bit more difficult.

permalink   shagrugge Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 4:42 PM
indeed voting would make for a challenging mix CD assignment. I’ve come up with a list of tracks for a hiphop compilation but I feel a bit overloaded on the emcee side because GWills and Nails are featured quite heavily…but then again they do have arguably the best available pellas to mix from. There are also some artists I would like to get on there that I haven’t been able to mix in yet and the compilation is already at 14 tracks…so then on to Vol. 2 ;)

permalink   audiomesh Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 4:57 PM
I´ll be a bit busy the next days, but as i´m more into the downbeat and trip-hop thing, i might look for cool songs in that genre and post some proposals. As i´m (as mentioned) new to this i wouldn´t really want to be the one to judge but maybe a forum-thread about favourites would help.

permalink   shagrugge Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 9:38 PM
Ok I’ve posted Genre based forum threads. I’m sure I missed out on a genre or 2 so let me know what I missed out on, but I think this is a great place to start.

HipHop, Downtempo, Jungle/DnB/IDM, Spoken Word, Ambient, and Alternative…

Hopefully, People won’t nominate themselves but nominate others.