Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » How do I edit my profile blurb?

How do I edit my profile blurb?

DJ Nicodemus Alora
permalink   Sun, Feb 16, 2020 @ 6:45 PM
This is super embarassing, but I can’t seem to figure out how to add a blurb about myself to my profile page. I see other users have summaries about who they are and what they do at the top of their profile, but when I click “Edit Your Profile” it only lets me edit my userpic, display name, tags for what I like and what I’m looking for, etc, but I can’t figure out how to write a paragraph about myself. Do I have to unlock that feature somehow, or am I just missing a sneaky editing link somewhere?

Thanks very much for any help!
Subliminal
permalink   Sun, Feb 16, 2020 @ 8:51 PM
When you click “Edit Your Profile” there should be a “About You” box. That’s the one you’re probably looking for.

permalink   DJ Nicodemus Alora Mon, Feb 17, 2020 @ 9:56 PM
Nope, other than boxes for tags there’s nothing. Screenshot at link:

https://imgur.com/a/w2gO6T6

permalink   Subliminal Tue, Feb 18, 2020 @ 3:13 AM
That’s weird. I also don’t see a text field to enter a Home Page URL. Maybe one of the admins could have a look at it.

permalink   Admiral Bob Thu, Feb 20, 2020 @ 10:28 AM
Quote: DJ Nicodemus AloraNope, other than boxes for tags there’s nothing. Screenshot at link:

https://imgur.com/a/w2gO6T6

These boxes start out hidden and are revealed and formatted by script. That suggests a script isn’t loading or firing. If you’re using Firefox or IceWeasel, can you try it with Chrome?

permalink   DJ Nicodemus Alora Fri, Feb 28, 2020 @ 9:04 AM
Tried this in the latest versions of FireFox, Chromium, and Chrome. Turned off all of my script/ad blockers. I seem to be getting the exact same results every time.

It occurred to me that I might not be able to edit that stuff until I actually upload content? For now I’m mostly just using my login to leave reviews and whatnot, it might be a while before I upload any content. Not sure if that’s it or if I just found a bug.

permalink   Apoxode Sat, Feb 29, 2020 @ 9:38 AM
This is a long shot, probably won’t work, but …
… what if you upload a simple mp3, nothing fancy, just for testing purposes? You could always delete it afterwards.

permalink   DJ Nicodemus Alora Sun, Mar 1, 2020 @ 7:24 AM
That was it! Thanks for the suggestion! I uploaded a 5-second CCMixter promo and now I magically have the ability to edit the “about me” blurb on my profile. Cheers ;-)

permalink   Apoxode Sun, Mar 1, 2020 @ 9:23 AM
That’s great news!
Looking forward to your uploads :)
coruscate
permalink   Wed, Mar 4, 2020 @ 12:40 AM
Welcome to CCMixter!