Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Songs that went under the radar?

Songs that went under the radar?

SherifZineldine
permalink   Sun, Aug 11, 2019 @ 8:05 PM
Let me begin by saying to me this website, is like a hidden library of music. I created this account 3 years ago, so about 10 years after the website was launched. That means over 10 years of songs I haven’t heard. This implicates two things that there are roughly 50000 songs that haven’t been heard, and thus many songs never to be heard again. As such I have gone back listening to random songs made from when this site was made, trying to find hidden gems.

Any song you find before 2016, with less than 5 upvotes is probably never going to be heard again by and if it is, then it’s likely less 10 different people. This to me is beautiful and disheartening at the same time. On one hand the song you listen to is very personal and can sort of be your song, unique to you; but, on the other the music is doomed for obscurity forced into an early extinction, due to a lack of exposure.

This is why I suggest we make a thread of songs that you believe went under the radar, let’s say songs that got less than 7 upvotes and before 2016? No rules really exist but something you believe that is so profound that more than just 10-20 people (or around) should hear it.

Here I’ll start, here are two songs that went under the radar, songs that never got the notoriety they deserved.

http://ccmixter.org/files/m...
http://ccmixter.org/files/m... (song that gave me the idea to create this forum.

The whole album (when you download it, it pops up in an album) “3 am and lonely” is phenomenal, besides in my opinion the song “chatter.” Even though few words are used the album paints a very unique narrative, around someone that has ended a relationship/lost a partner, as such can be seen by the title of the tracks in order.
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Tue, Aug 13, 2019 @ 3:11 PM
The links you have in your post aren’t complete … they don’t go to anything.

permalink   SherifZineldine Wed, Aug 14, 2019 @ 3:56 AM
Thanks, its fixed now!