Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Happy 14th Birthday ccMixter

Happy 14th Birthday ccMixter

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, Oct 28, 2018 @ 6:30 PM
Happy Birthday ccMixter!

The past 14 years have been incredible — and I look forward to 14 more. I am so grateful for this community and the creativity we share. You all keep pushing me to new ideas and higher vision. You are my musical home. You give me reasons to keep growing. I am grateful.

We’re celebrating our birthday with back-to-back Secret Mixters! Sign-ups for the first, the Sow & Reap Secret Mixter, are under way. I hope you’ll join in. Secret Mixters are truly my favorite part of our community’s collaboration. We come together in such an inspiring, unique way and I believe create some of our most powerful music as a result.

Today is also a special day for our very own SackJo22, who is releasing her first solo album, Songs of Dreams. Yep, on our 14th birthday, Sackjo is celebrating the magic of ccMixter collaboration with her album’s internal launch on Bandcamp and Jamendo (the public release is slotted for Nov 11). She’s said again and again ccMixter is making this dream possible for her, and we are honored to support her and all ccM contributors on Songs of Dreams — a beautiful, meaningful work of art.

I can’t thank all of our Patreon supporters enough — you are the reason ccMixter is running strong! We’ve been planning our long-overdue redesign and would very much any support you can give us a birthday gift. Your donations will help us move into implementing a friendlier, updated user interface you’ve been requesting.

Thank you again for being part of ccMixter! Happy 14th Birthday to us all.

Peace.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Oct 29, 2018 @ 9:49 AM
Happy Birthday ccMixter !

When I landed at ccM in 2009, I had no idea what being part of this community would do for me. So many connections — personally, creatively, professionally… .

I am so grateful to the generosity of the creators of ccMixter. It is through listening to you and practicing with you that I am able (at this late age) to finally release a full length album of material that I wrote. I can’t thank Snowflake and Kara enough for supporting this project, I may never be able to sufficiently express my gratitude for ccMixter and everything it embodies.

I look forward to sharing more with the public release date.

Much love to you ccMixter and the ccMixter famiy!

permalink   Hannah Mika Mon, Nov 12, 2018 @ 1:01 AM
Happy Birthday
essesq
permalink   Fri, Nov 9, 2018 @ 1:49 PM
I’m considering signing up for this most recent Secret Mixter but I shouldn’t be able to since assignments were supposed to go out already. Please let me know while I check to see if my nearly 10 year old laptop can still produce music. I don’t want to be a no show… If the machine works and it is too late to sign up…I’ll send a birthday present anyway. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ccMixter…and thank you to all of you Admins for all that you do in the service of music, words, art and community.

permalink   essesq Sun, Nov 11, 2018 @ 6:56 AM
Sad news…I cannot rely on my computer.So please do not sign me up for anything.