skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Amplifiers Remix Event 2018

Amplifiers Remix Event 2018

Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Aug 16, 2018 @ 9:54 AM

DATES
Call for Pells and Stems: August 16- September 23 [EXTENDED]
Remix Upload Days: Every Sunday

We are experiencing a worldwide outbreak of divisive rhetoric.

“The point in history at which we stand is full of promise and danger. The world will either move forward toward unity and widely shared prosperity - or it will move apart.”
~FDR

What is happening where you live?
What message do you want to amplify?
What issues are you and your community facing?

“Be not scared to use your voice.”
~Logic

ccMixter is your megaphone. You are empowered with the opportunity to use ccMixter to raise your voice. Each vocal and musical expression that you share on ccMixter gives you the chance to connect with musicians around the world. You have the power to amplify the voices you agree with by remixing!

“…it only takes one voice, at the right pitch, to start an avalanche.”
~Dianna Hardy, Return Of The Wolf

HOW WILL WE AMPLIFY THIS EVENT?
#1: Let’s try something new! We encourage everyone to upload their remixes each Sunday on the Remix Upload Days (similar to upload days for Secret Mixters). On these special upload days, we will come together as a global community to AMPLIFY the event contributions (pells, samples & remixes). We will do this by uploading our tracks, reviewing everyone else’s tracks, and sharing our favorites all over the world wide web! The ccMixter Admin team will be blasting the remixes on Facebook and Twitter.

“There is a powerful need for people to feel that gust of hope rise up again.”
~Cat Stevens

#2: At the conclusion of the event, we will quickly curate and release an album proceeding important elections that are taking place around the world. We will share songs on this album throughout the year to continue the amplification of the issues that matter to you.

“Music has the power to bring people together like no other art form.”
~Michael Franti

PELLS
SAMPLES
REMIXES

Amplify with Art: Are you a visual artist? Would you like to volunteer your skills and make cover art for the album? Please message Kara Square with your ideas.

Amplify with Action: Help us continue to amplify our music to the world by making a Monthly Pledge on Patreon or a One-Time PayPal Donation.

“A lone voice isn’t as important as a collective voice.”
~Lois Frankel

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, Aug 16, 2018 @ 3:24 PM
I’m really looking forward to this event! There is so much I’m passionate about in today’s world. We’re so lucky we have a community to create with, and a place to transform concerns into creativity.

The first thing I’m concerned about is Internet Neutrality — and even though it is the States that are currently voting, it could really impact ccMixter and how it loads for each of us around the world. So if you could take a moment to support the efforts to restore Net Neutrality — with a tweet, a blogpost, a remix (check out Project Question’s amazing pell!) — you’ll be helping the future of our community. Peace.

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Aug 16, 2018 @ 5:01 PM
Right?!!! DITTO!

And yes… the fight for Net Neutrality remains so important. I did some tweeting today! :D
Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Aug 16, 2018 @ 5:07 PM
I’m gravely concerned about the constant attacks on the Freedom of Press. Just posted a spoken word about it (thank you to ingemannStrunch for the AWESOME backing track!)…

It’s pretty darn neat that 350 US newspapers published Editorials about the Freedom of Press today. The Boston Globe spearheaded this effort.
urmymuse
permalink   Fri, Aug 17, 2018 @ 1:07 PM
Excellent idea I will set up a twitter account in honour of the event! Have been avoiding doing for the last x years but u have persuaded me

permalink   Kara Square Sat, Aug 18, 2018 @ 12:11 PM
Haha! Awesome! Let us know your Twitter name and we’ll follow you. 😊

permalink   urmymuse Sun, Aug 19, 2018 @ 2:19 AM
Hi Kara i am urmymuse@urmymuse2

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Aug 21, 2018 @ 6:36 AM
Awesome! ccMixter is now following you. Thank you!

permalink   urmymuse Tue, Aug 21, 2018 @ 12:48 PM
Cheers !
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Mon, Aug 20, 2018 @ 6:45 AM
Hi Kara,

I am a little confused about the guidelines for remixing. Are the event remixes limited to what is on the Pell and Sample lists? Do I need to upload an original Sample as an event sample first in order to use it in an event remix?

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Aug 21, 2018 @ 6:34 AM
Hi Apoxode!

Short answers: no and no. :) Please feel free to use any ccMixter pells and samples from the archive.

We do, however, encourage everyone to create new material. The goal of events is to create new music together based on the event’s theme. So hey, if you have new samples to share for the event, please do!

I hope this helps!

permalink   Admiral Bob Tue, Aug 21, 2018 @ 6:37 AM
The beauty of these events is that, at the end of them, ccMixter has a lovely garden of material related to the theme the event ran with. That is a lasting legacy, so when remixers do their best to fit their work to the theme, the event is inevitably a success!

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Aug 21, 2018 @ 11:19 AM
Thank you, Kara, that does help!
Kara Square
permalink   Fri, Sep 14, 2018 @ 11:16 AM
EVENT EXTENDED to SEPTEMBER 23rd

Let’s keep amplifying!

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Sep 15, 2018 @ 8:24 AM
Thank you for extending! I’m almost done with a remix! :)

permalink   Kara Square Sat, Sep 15, 2018 @ 1:21 PM
Awesome!! Looking forward to your contribution! :D

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Sep 17, 2018 @ 9:28 AM
No event is complete without you.

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 2, 2018 @ 2:22 PM
You are too kind Admiral!

Thanks to everyone for making Amplifiers such a powerful event. Your creative works inspire me! We’re working on a curation/album to release in the coming weeks and will keep you posted.
Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Oct 30, 2018 @ 11:40 AM
Remember when we said we’d release an album from this event? BOOM! It went live today!!!

Get the details here:
http://ccmixter.org/thread/...