Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Lyrics and Chords on remixes

Lyrics and Chords on remixes

tacet
permalink   Tue, Mar 14, 2006 @ 7:09 PM
Hey guys,

It occured to me when I posted my (rather late) entry to the Copyright Criminals thing, there’s no facility for lyrics or song structure on the ccMixter forms.

The track I posted has lyrics, so I put them in the description, just incase someone wanted to fathom my incomprehensible mumblin ;) …not important you might say, well, not until someone tries to remix or layer/stack another vocal - say a harmony for instance.

Also, there’s a chord structure to the song, maybe that could be a useful addition too, as some mixters might find it useful to know along with the bpm.

Even if it’s just in the form of a guideline, for instance my CC entry would be :

Verse :
Am G F E
Am G F E
Am F
Am Dm E7 E
Am G F E

Chorus :
Am
G
F
E
Am
G
F
E

….just a couple of ideas, take ‘em or leave ‘em.

:D

Like the recent changes btw, nice one Vic ;)

Kev
victor
permalink   Thu, Jun 8, 2006 @ 7:48 PM
If everybody just does it “willy nilly” then it becomes nearly impossible to search for which tracks out of the 5,000 uploads have chords or tabs, leave alone searching for a key, or genre, etc. etc.

Putting some structure on the feature makes it easier to use for both the person entering and the person looking for it.

That’s why the hell to code it up.

VS
jeroensnake
permalink   Thu, Jun 8, 2006 @ 6:47 PM
Why the hell code everything up when you don’t need code at all. You can comment everything you add right? Chords and tabs have been tested for a very long time. They Do Work. :-)
victor
permalink   Tue, Mar 14, 2006 @ 11:35 PM
(thanks ;)

definitely stuff to think about … the way I structured the new review system is that the topics are ‘attached’ to the uploads as ‘reviews’ — it wouldn’t be too hard to let the users make their own ‘attachments’ and tag it however you want, like "lyrics" or "chord changes" … groovy idea

Thanks!
BUNNIES GONE BAD
permalink   Thu, Apr 27, 2006 @ 10:02 AM
Quote: (thanks ;)

definitely stuff to think about … the way I structured the new review system is that the topics are ‘attached’ to the uploads as ‘reviews’ — it wouldn’t be too hard to let the users make their own ‘attachments’ and tag it however you want, like "lyrics" or "chord changes" … groovy idea

Thanks!

Hi Vic, by reading this post I was wondering why it shouldn’t be possible to post lyrics (cc-licensed in text form)? I can’t sing very well :-( but I like to write……

George
victor
permalink   Thu, Apr 27, 2006 @ 11:18 AM
Quote: I was wondering why it shouldn’t be possible to post lyrics (cc-licensed in text form)?

I think it’s a great feature idea. All we need is someone to code it up.

VS