Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Ghost Notes

Ghost Notes

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Oct 1, 2017 @ 11:23 AM
This haunting remix is finished. We created 54 remixes.
Nice collaboration ccMixter!!!

“During the day, I don’t believe in ghosts. At night, I’m a little more open-minded.” ~Unknown

With Halloween around the corner, filmmakers, game devs, app creators, and party goers will be on the hunt for haunting soundtracks! Let’s collaborate on spooky soundbeds, terrifying tunes, eerie anthems, and bone-chilling ballads!

Would you like to make your ccMixter music available for people to license AND to receive a portion of advertising revenue? Email us to sign up for ccPlus!

Do you love ccMixter remix events? Pledge a monthly donation to show your support. Check out ccMixter’s Patreon page and pick the reward tier that best matches what you can afford to make ccmixter possible.

Uploads for Ghost Notes Remix Event will be accepted from October 1st through November 1st. Happy Halloween!

SAMPLES
PELLS
REMIXES

Abstract Audio
permalink   Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 3:00 AM
Right up my ally
Will do some digging thru my old projects to see if there are any forgotten sounds hidding in the dark hoping to live another year

Speaking of sounds wich are not in plain sight I have uploaded a number of samplepacks here. I think the they would be perfect for this, can they be included?

http://ccmixter.org/people/...

permalink   Stefan Kartenberg Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 8:43 AM
thanks for uploading your samples

permalink   Abstract Audio Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 3:08 PM
Your more than wecome, its my kind of sound. I just love ambiance in music especially if its of the eerie, spooky, hair standing on your back type.
There’s more coming soon

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 10:02 AM
Your samples are now listed in the Ghost Notes remix event! Thanks for this source material.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 10:07 AM
I’m so excited for this remix event!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 10:19 AM
Sing us a terrible, blood thirsty, howling at the moon tune Madam Snowflake. Mixters will cringe at the feet of the dark queen.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 10:22 AM
Oh my! The challenge has been made!

permalink   Jasonaldean Fri, Jun 22, 2018 @ 1:57 PM
Nice great work……….
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Oct 2, 2017 @ 10:37 AM
Here is playlist of haunting remixes resurrected from the graves of the dark past here at ccmixter. There are many many more mixes lurking in the shadows. These are some of my favorites. Post yours here as you begin to remix new terrifying tunes.

http://tunetrack.net/jason-brock/blog/posts/758/halloween-curation/
jorgemariozuleta
permalink   Wed, Oct 4, 2017 @ 3:50 PM
Hi! Sounds 2016 is available for this event. Be my guest and feel free to download it. Regards, JM

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 9, 2017 @ 3:11 PM
If you upload a 128k MP3 so your contribution can be listened to be streaming, instead of download, it will be helpful. Thank you.

permalink   jorgemariozuleta Tue, Oct 17, 2017 @ 4:05 PM
Hi. I believe my files are now able to be streamed. Please let me know if so. Thank you, my friend.

http://beta.ccmixter.org/st...
duckett
permalink   Fri, Oct 13, 2017 @ 9:09 AM
Here’s a resurrected (zombie?) remix from alllmost 10 years ago that’s certainly thematically appropriate: http://ccmixter.org/files/d...

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Oct 26, 2017 @ 9:48 AM
Are you wanting to submit this mix as a Ghost Notes remix? or as a sample for folks to create new mixes with?

permalink   duckett Sat, Oct 28, 2017 @ 3:00 AM
I know it’s close to Nov. 1 and I haven’t submitted anything for “Ghost Notes” specifically yet, but I’d just thought of this remix the minute I’d read what the theme was; I tagged it with ghost_notes just for that reason; but of course, there’s nothing to stop folks from remixing it under its current license, yes?
I found out within the last hour that apparently the world’s phytoplankton has lessened by 40% since 1950, so my upcoming submission will be dedicated to their billions of ghosts; one can only hope we aren’t seeing our own, in the face of such loss.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sat, Oct 28, 2017 @ 8:20 AM
truly scary…I know. And I am afraid it will come back to haunt us and the next generation and the next.

these ghosts are not in our imagination.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2017 @ 10:31 AM

We’ve curated an album from the archives of ccmixter’s dark past. Available now to share on one of the most popular platforms for indie music:

Bandcamp

Share it with your zombie friends and vampire lovers, your ghostly workmates, and your dark master.

Free to Share, Free to Scare

10 tracks perfect for your Halloween playlists

permalink   Zep Hurme Thu, Oct 26, 2017 @ 2:36 PM
Cool, but way too distorted processing to listen to, imho.

permalink   Zep Hurme Thu, Oct 26, 2017 @ 2:55 PM
Checked out the LUFS (Loudness Units Full Scale) of the first track and it’s -4dB which is close to plain noise. Needs to be redone.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Oct 27, 2017 @ 5:47 PM
Thanks for your ears Zep. I hear what you are hearing too. Not sure why, but will do my best to fix it so the music shines!
PorchCat
permalink   Sun, Oct 29, 2017 @ 12:34 AM
For those who are weird like me and prefer the old browser/tag-based browsing:

* Pells

* Stems

* Remixes

permalink   Abstract Audio Sun, Oct 29, 2017 @ 1:57 AM
So I’m not the only one, pfieuw

permalink   Subliminal Sun, Oct 29, 2017 @ 8:45 AM
+1

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Oct 29, 2017 @ 9:01 AM

permalink   PorchCat Sun, Oct 29, 2017 @ 9:07 AM
I’m not alone! :D

permalink   soundtails Mon, Oct 30, 2017 @ 7:04 PM
Quote: PorchCatI’m not alone! :D agree
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Oct 30, 2017 @ 10:42 PM

Happy Halloween ccMixter!

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Oct 31, 2017 @ 5:30 AM
Happy Halloween one and all!
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, Nov 2, 2017 @ 9:19 AM
What frighteningly wonderful remix event!!!
PorchCat
permalink   Fri, Nov 3, 2017 @ 1:57 AM
I’m glad I popped in and had the spoons to participate. I love the theme and remix events so very much.