Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » sample uploaded doesn't show up under manage files

sample uploaded doesn't show up under manage files

molgrum
permalink   Sat, Oct 8, 2016 @ 11:34 AM
Doesn’t do it, yet. Any hints on what I should do?
Submit says “You are not authorized to submit this type of file at this time, most likely because you have met the quota for this type of submission.”

In short I uploaded one flac 3,7MB then this happened, I have to reduce the size or?
Speck
permalink   Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 3:53 AM
A sample (or a remix) must first be uploaded as an mp3. Then you have the option to add a flac version.

Also - please be sure you are uploading a sample and not a mix. Many people try to upload a full original mix, not realizing that this is a remix site meant for the sharing of samples and remixes of said samples. Original mixes are not accepted without also sharing the stems/samples. Here’s a link to an example of how that looks.
molgrum
permalink   Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 8:07 AM
Thank you for the reply. I am supposed to upload MP3 for the individual tracks or all of them mixed together?
I understand FLAC should be of individual tracks but right now i cannot submit anything anymore, says my quota is met…

permalink   Speck Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 4:05 AM
First you upload the ‘preview’ (usually the full mix) as an mp3. Then you are presented with the ‘add additional files’ option, which would be the samples/stems. These can be mp3s but flacs are preferred. Flacs in a zip are a good option but you can also upload them individually.

Also, ‘your quota is met’ is currently tied in with the new policy of being limited to one upload per week. So if you haven’t uploaded anything within the past week there may be something amiss with the system which would cause you to be getting that message incorrectly.