Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Mobile ccMixter listener's interface

Mobile ccMixter listener's interface

musikpirat
permalink   Wed, Aug 10, 2016 @ 1:36 PM
Eyertime I visit ccmixter I hate that I have to allow flash. The plugin crashes from time to time and well, it is flash.

Since all modern browser support mp3 playback native I decided to start a quick hack of my Song-Of-The-Day-Mobile page.

Right now there is only support for 15 songs and I have to grab them from the website, because the robots.txt restricts yahoo from using the API directly, but I’ll set up a local proxy to handle that.

What I will add is that the website stores on your listening device the songs you have heard and will remove them from the playlist unless you gave them a star. Maybe I’ll write a backend to make this data accessible via multiple devices.
And of course there will be support for more than 15 songs. :)

You can try out the interface here.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, Aug 11, 2016 @ 11:39 AM
Check out the new beta — no flash required. :)

http://beta.ccmixter.org/pl...

permalink   musikpirat Thu, Aug 11, 2016 @ 12:40 PM
Looks good… Will there be a feature to mark songs you have already heard?
musikpirat
permalink   Sun, Aug 28, 2016 @ 6:19 AM
Update: The mobile page is no longer running. I decided to transform it into an app. It’s almost the same code but there is support to store the files offline. Which is a feature I like very much. :)

Now I have to learn, how to put the app into the play store… And I have to find somehow with a mac. Because - what a surprise - you must have a mac to release something into the app store.