Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Firewire audio interfaces

Firewire audio interfaces

EcHo2K
permalink   Tue, Jan 24, 2006 @ 5:24 AM
i was planning to buy a firewire interface, what i need is just a couple of inputs (balanced and with a preamp since i will use them for mikes) and 2 stereo out (or four mono :D) one for the main PA and the other for monitoring…please suggest me something (i already looked to maudio interfaces, but i read on some forums that they can fry your firewire interface on iBooks if you put the laptop in sleep mode without tuning off the interface…)

denghiu’
OakHonour
permalink   Wed, Feb 1, 2006 @ 12:25 AM
Check out the Presonus Inspire.

http://www.presonus.com/ins...

I haven’t used it myself, but I know Presonus makes quality stuff, and it reads well on paper. What’s more, the Inspire’s dirt cheap (over here at least.. I’ve seen it go for $299 NZD).

Unfortunately it just has one set of outputs… you might need to look at the FireBox if you deffinately need more.

I was lucky enough to pick up a second-hand MOTU 828 firewire interface pretty cheap. I can comfortably recommend MOTU as great sounding and reliable, keep your eye out for a second-hand bargain! :)

OakHonour
Karma Cowboy
permalink   Fri, Jan 30, 2009 @ 5:50 AM
Firewire 1814 from M-Audio is a really good card, got lots of inputs (with preamps) and outputs!