Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Uploading revisions

Uploading revisions

PorchCat
permalink   Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 3:35 AM
What’s considered the best erm “etiquette”(?) on ccMixter for uploading revisions?

Should updated versions be uploaded over the old? Should it be uploaded as a seperate revised track?

Considering that I’m digesting feedback to revise a couple pieces, I was thinking of the topic and decided I just had no idea. :-P

*meow*
shagrugge
permalink   Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 7:33 AM
After I figured out how to upload over the old I started doing that. Although I’m pretty new here as well so this is a good etiquette question…

I also wondered about bandwidth consideration etiquette when posting up files?
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 12:12 PM
bumping is discouraged, but understandable under certain conditions — like it’s essentially a substantially different (or better) mix — typically though replacement is the way to go.

what’s the question about bandwidth again?
shagrugge
permalink   Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 1:51 PM
I know that 10Mb is the upload limit for a file…but is there a recommended bit rate on file rendering?
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 21, 2006 @ 2:33 PM
a quick perusal of the latest ed picks shows mostly 128 CBR with the occasional VBR and >160 CBR.

personally I use VBR ‘standard’ preset for most cases. If you think about the average person streaming a page sitting in their cubicle at work, anything over 128 is generally suseptible to breaking up. imo 192 and above borders on silly for a website like this.