Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Change your password

Change your password

victor
permalink   Sun, Mar 22, 2015 @ 1:40 PM
Howdy,

When we did our major upgrade we disabled a security feature and then we (er, I) neglected to re-enable it.

As a result, last night a hacker attempted to hack ccMixter user accounts and was successful at logging in as one of the admins.

The security feature has since been re-enabled (d’oh) and the danger (whatever that may have been) is passed.

However: Even though it doesn’t look like anything to worry about it doesn’t mean I didn’t miss something so JUST TO BE SAFE you should change your password to your ccmixter.org account.

Sorry about the hassle.

Mix on
Victor
Tunes
permalink   Sun, Jul 26, 2015 @ 2:43 PM
Vic did you send an email about this?

permalink   victor Sun, Jul 26, 2015 @ 2:59 PM
No we did not.

essesq
permalink   Tue, Sep 29, 2015 @ 5:34 PM
This is kinda old and I missed it when it went up. Is this a big deal? I am having major issues with remembering passwords as old age creeps in. With all due respect, I’m more worried about someone hacking my bank account than I am about someone stealing my valuable uploads or changing what I pound on. That said if it’s important I’ll change my password. Please let me know and maybe do a better job of advertising this because I saw the banner about the beta (sorry wasn’t much help there) and now the fundraiser thingy but I had no idea about this.

Thanks for all your work Victor. It’s nice to know you’re back around :-).

permalink   victor Tue, Sep 29, 2015 @ 8:55 PM
should you change your password? sure.

should you change it because there’s a specific threat? nothing like going on here. ;)

feels great to be back ;)

permalink   essesq Wed, Sep 30, 2015 @ 7:53 AM
Password changed…along with antiquated avatar…