Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Site has become unusable.

Site has become unusable.

Disaster of Music
permalink   Wed, Mar 11, 2015 @ 1:48 PM
This behavior has been around for a while and has slowly, but progressively been getting worse. recently it’s made the site unusable.

When I go to play anything (you know, the little flash playback button) it plays the first half second or two then the flash player closes/disappears, then I have to hit play again, then it closes, I *MIGHT* get it to work if I keep hitting play over and over and over again, but it’s become futile.

This seems to be a buffering/timeout issue in the player itself. I don’t have the worlds fastest internet connection (3mbps).

I just thought you should know that the site has become consistently unusable for me, because I can’t listen to anything.

Machine: win 8.1 Browser: Firefox/Chrome. All latest updates.

-Dave
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Fri, Mar 13, 2015 @ 7:17 PM
Dave — I will bring your post to the attention of our tech masters. I am sorry to hear that you have had problems with the site.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Fri, Mar 13, 2015 @ 7:28 PM
Our tech team suggests in instances such as yours, where the internet connection is not the greatest, would be to not rely on the streaming play. Just pop open the download links box, and open the mp3 into another tab. It will take a while longer, but it will work (on anything better than dial up at any rate.) Hope this helps.

permalink   Disaster of Music Sat, Mar 14, 2015 @ 9:42 AM
Have you tried actually doing that to find samples? That’s not really a solution.

I don’t have this issue on any other site. I guess I just finally have to make the switch to soundcloud. It’s a shame. I really like the community here, but I’m not going to go through all that to find samples.

permalink   Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) Fri, Jul 24, 2015 @ 6:52 AM
I had the same problem for a while. Turned out to be the Flash Player addon in Firefox. Once updated, the problem was solved for me.