Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF CCmIXTER WITH THE MUSIC CONNECTS US SECRET MIXTER!!!

CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF CCmIXTER WITH THE MUSIC CONNECTS US SECRET MIXTER!!!

admin
permalink   Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 3:35 PM
We’re excited to announce the lastest secret mixter remix event, “The Music Connects Us” secret mixter.

This secret mixter is particularly meaningful as ccMixter approaches its 10th anniversary! Since it began, ccMixter has emerged as the best virtual playground for musicians all over the world. We would love to see as many community members from over the course of ccMixter’s history participate as a reunion of the artists who have made ccMixter what is today — a unique example of how music connects us!

Assignments go out November 2.
Upload day is November 16.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Fri, Oct 24, 2014 @ 8:21 AM
This is going to be one party I do not want to miss! It makes me so happy to see everyone who has signed up so far.

permalink   copperhead Fri, Oct 24, 2014 @ 2:01 PM
Looks like 45 signed up already!
Kara Square
permalink   Mon, Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:28 PM
Exciting stuff, indeed! This is going to be an amazing secret mixter!

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 9:39 AM
Beginning to make my way through the uploads — another amazing Secret Mixter!!!! I love ccMixter so much.

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 9:47 AM
Right!?! There is such a great vibe on the playlist. It feels both energized and mellow… Ditto. ccM is amazing!

permalink   Snowflake Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 9:58 AM
i am being blown away. this is INCREDIBLE!!

Best Secret Mixter Ever!

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 10:01 AM
Right?!? :D

You say that every Secret Mixter, you know. ANNNNNNND you’re right every time!!!

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 10:02 AM
So true. :-)

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 10:32 AM
So that means the next Secret Mixter will be the best one ever?

permalink   Snowflake Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 10:56 AM
i do say it every time. lol. but it feels like this one could be hard to top! i’m up for the challenge though :D
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Nov 16, 2014 @ 7:51 PM
The secret mixter is amazing!

I just finished going through the entire playlist, and I am moved by the the quality of everyone’s work and hearts. Each track I listened to expressed artistic intention, and included a way of reflecting the culture of ccMixter — maybe by using 20 pieces of source material from the assigned artist. Or through the lyrics. Or by approaching the remix as an opportunity to connect in a deeper way with another artist. Or through a myriad of other ways that reflect the scope of this community’s creativity.

After spending an entire day listening (it just so happens that I am laid up with the flu or something — perfect time for listening actually), I experienced how we inspire each other on many different levels. The energy and openness with which we came together for this event is one of the things that I believe makes ccMixter unique.

This secret mixter truly demonstrates how music connects us.

Happy anniversary ccMixter! Looking forward to the next 10 years!