Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Do you have any questions about ccPlus?

Do you have any questions about ccPlus?

Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Jun 26, 2014 @ 4:22 AM
Hey everyone!

You’ve probably heard about ccPlus by now and maybe even uploaded some stems or remixes with the ccPlus upload forms. Awesome!

There have been some questions about ccPlus popping up around the site. We don’t want to miss them! So hey, if you’ve got any ccPlus questions, ask them here.

Also, here’s a link to a great page that details how ccPlus works on ccMixter, so check it out! But again, do ask questions. :)

Bye for now,
Kara
Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Jun 26, 2014 @ 1:07 PM
Our awesome tech admins just added a great feature to all pages that are ccPlus. (SHOUT OUT to Admiral Bob and go1dfish!) Visit a ccPlus upload (like this one by unreal_dm) and take a look at the right side of the page. See that box that says ‘CCPlus Licensing’? Click on the link below it and it takes you to the ‘License Questionaire’ on TuneTrack.net! If someone wants to license your song, they just fill out the questionaire and they’re good to go!
tigabeatz
permalink   Thu, Nov 13, 2014 @ 7:34 AM
Hi,

as i have been a while off, i was positively shocked about that ccplus and funding stuff for ccmixter. nice! :-)

did you think about a collab with:
https://www.c3s.cc/en/

yours
tigabeatz

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Nov 14, 2014 @ 7:50 AM
Hey tigabeatz! It’s good to see you here again! I’m glad you like what we’re up to. I hadn’t heard of https://www.c3s.cc/en/. I’ll share it with the admin team. Thanks!

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Sep 2, 2015 @ 9:25 AM
We’ve definitely been in talks with C3S for a couple of years now. We hope to eventually work in official partnership with them when they expand, and for now, we are supportive friends and colleagues.
Disaster of Music
permalink   Fri, Feb 13, 2015 @ 2:47 PM
I have to admit, I’m rather confused about it as an artist.

I have just set my first upload to cc+ and read the contract, but I still don;t understand the mechanics of the whole thing.

For instance, in the link you mention a “Full opt-in”. Huh?
What is a “not-full opt-in”?
It’s all very ambiguous to an artist.

If we don’t do the full opt-in does that mean we never see any money?

Also I see limited artists listed under “artists” on the tunetrack webpage. Who, and what, determines who get listed there?

Thanks
-Dave

permalink   Kara Square Sat, Feb 14, 2015 @ 7:30 AM
Hi Dave- Thanks for your interest in ccPlus.

A “Full opt-in” means that you would like your entire catalog on ccMixter to be part of ccPlus. For now, this is a manual process that we (admins) do in the backend of the site. We go through each of your songs and add it to ccPlus if it qualifies (all artists on the track must also be fully opted in to ccPlus). Please note: This process takes time.

A “not-full opt-in” is what you have done for now- you used the ccPlus upload form and submitted your individual track samples as ccPlus.

When your ccPlus tracks are sold, you will see the money when it is paid out (regardless of opt-in choice). You can see what has sold so far by checking out this page.

You’ll have more opportunities to sell ccPlus licenses if you opt-in your full catalog. To do so, just email us here and we’ll send you an opt-in link- http://ccmixter.org/media/p...

The artists listed on the TuneTrack page have fully opted-in their catalog to ccPlus. The ccM admins manually add the artists to that page.

I hope that helps!!
Take care,
Kara

permalink   Tunes Sun, Jul 26, 2015 @ 3:09 PM
Quote: Kara SquareWhen your ccPlus tracks are sold, you will see the money when it is paid out (regardless of opt-in choice). You can see what has sold so far by checking out this page.

Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone who dealt with licensing fees made it that easy?

Somehow getting an ASCAP statement and seeing $0.00 earnings when you sent in a cue sheet with air dates seems like something is amiss.

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Jul 26, 2015 @ 7:20 PM
Right!? :)

Yeah… I can relate to that on a personal level.