Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Invlaid path when posting reviews

Invlaid path when posting reviews

shagrugge
permalink   Wed, Dec 28, 2005 @ 5:10 PM
I get an Invalid path error anytime I try to review someone else’s work on their site or from the menu tabs…not sure why. I can post replies to people who have reviewed my stuff…and can post on this board…but when I try to review someone else’s work it don’t go.

Any ideas?
shagrugge
permalink   Sat, Dec 31, 2005 @ 5:05 AM
Actually this seems to only occur when I am the first person to attempt a review of a particular piece. If I am replying to a review that has already taken place then my post will go through, but I can’t seem to be the first person to post a review. It’s kind of maddening, because I have gone and written some lengthy reviews, hit submit and then my post come up with

“Invalid path” in a red box…

If I go back my post is gone…and I have to rewrite the whole thing.
victor
permalink   Sat, Dec 31, 2005 @ 7:43 AM
what browser and operating system are you using?
shagrugge
permalink   Sat, Dec 31, 2005 @ 9:45 AM
Quote: what browser and operating system are you using?

WinXp IE 6
victor
permalink   Sat, Dec 31, 2005 @ 11:13 AM
first off, sorry you’re having these issues…

that’s by far the most popular pair of tools used here so I’m not sure what could be going on.

I just tried that combination (xp pro, ie 6 6.0.2900.2180 sp2) and can’t reproduce what you’re describing.

I’m assuming you have cookies and scripting turned on.

If you have some anti-virus or anti-popup or other third party plugins (like snooping toolbars) resident it may be interfering in some way… but other than that I’m not sure what could (beyond what is obviously a bug in the site’s code for an unknown configuration.)

All I can suggest as a workaround is to try it from another browser (we all use Firefox by default here)

Again, sorry we can’t reproduce this…
VS
victor
permalink   Fri, Jan 13, 2006 @ 2:52 PM
I finally saw this happen — once.

I’m now looking into this because more folks have reported it.

I think the problem may be with cookies — as a (possible) temporary fix: log out, and then log in again, this time check the ‘remember me’ option. If it’s what I’m thinking this should take care of the problem.

Thanks,
VS
shagrugge
permalink   Mon, Jan 16, 2006 @ 2:02 PM
this happens whether or not I check the remember me field upon login
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 16, 2006 @ 7:57 PM
this one is definitely driving me crazy as I can’t reproduce it — thanks for hanging in, I’m taking a long, hard look at this tonight and tomorrow.

VS
shagrugge
permalink   Mon, Jan 16, 2006 @ 8:15 PM
Not a fix but…just a thought a workaround might be to have a default review post to each song…

like “thanks for uploading, happy remixing” or something along those lines

the error only occurs when I am the first person trying to post a review. I’ve tried deleting my cookies and then reenabling the “remember me” cookie feature when logging in but I still get the invalid path.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 16, 2006 @ 9:21 PM
nah, it’s a bug and I’m pretty a-retentive about fixing all known bugs. This one obviously isn’t universal (since people are leaving reviews) so the hard part is the repro case, once thats done it’s a few minutes to fix it no matter what it is.

Thanks again for bearing with it,
VS
admin
permalink   Thu, Jan 19, 2006 @ 12:16 AM
response is here